traveling out of country
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: traveling out of country

1. traveling out of country

I am traveling to St. Lucia next may for my honeymoon. I was wondering if I would be able to take my gun with me. I looked through a bunch of the government websites, but could not find anything. Can you guys help me out with this. thanks,

If I had to guess I would say NO. St. Lucia is owned by England. Went to Antigua this past Feb. for our honeymoon and it's the same way.
    Andrew

I would recommend AGAINST traveling out of country with ANY handgun. If you'e going hunting (African Safari, Canada waterfowel, etc), I'd STRONGLY recommend checking with your hunting guide as well as U.S. Customs. I avoid traveling out of country with my firearms if I can help it, since the 2A only covers us in the U.S.A.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Welcome to USA Carry ryancasper2004. Unless you're going hunting, keep your guns at home.

I have to agree with everyone else. If you are leaving the country then leave your firearm at home. You could spend your honeymoon and more in a foreign jail. Not good!

btw, Welcome to the site.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

7. The thing is, I am renting a jeep when I get there and my fiance and I are just going to go explore the island ourselves. However, I have read a few sites where some people had some problems with the locals. One honeymoon couple was venturing on there own and some locals robbed them at gun point and rapped the woman right in front of here husband. Thats not gonna fly with me

Here's the lowdown. You must have a St. Lucia firearm license that is available through the Commissioner of Police in order to bring one into the country.

St. Lucia Customs | stlucia-guide.info

St. Lucia gun act of 2003

http://www.rslpf.com/site/New%20fire...Act%202003.pdf

You may want to contact the Commissioner of Police to ascertain if you can get a permit.

Royal Saint Lucia Police Force
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

9. thanks that helps out a lot

10. Quote Originally Posted by ryancasper2004 View Post
    I am traveling to St. Lucia next may for my honeymoon. I was wondering if I would be able to take my gun with me. I looked through a bunch of the government websites, but could not find anything. Can you guys help me out with this. thanks,
    You're gonna have trouble because you will be on the airlines when you leave St. Lucia to come back. The United States will let you take a gun pretty much wherever you want, they don't care about you leaving the country with it as long as you incase the gun and lock it properly and check it in. When you leave St. Lucia you won't make it through security. You might make it in to your hotel when you get there because you won't go through a metal detector, but they might not even give it to you because you can't have a gun in your possession over there without permission from their government. Not worth the hassle to get permission..

I've been to that island many many times over the years as I'm a private corporate jet pilot. I take my gun to almost all of the islands I fly to and almost all of the countries I fly to anywhere in the world. I don't get permission from anyone, but I have a private jet that I can either keep the gun on if its an island that makes you go through security checkpoints with metal detectors on the way back to the plane. You can't legally go in without permission from that countries government with a gun. Alot of the countries/islands out in the Caribbean don't allow guns at all. For the countries that have absolutely NO security going in or out, I carry my gun with me everywhere.

I have my gun registered with US Customs, so I have to show it to them every time I come back with it. They always ask if I have it because its on the computer screen when I clear customs back in. Sometimes I have it, sometimes I don't. They never blink an eye when I say I didn't bring it this trip. They never searched the plane. When I do have it I bring it in with me so they can look at the numbers on it that they have in the computer.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Here's the lowdown. You must have a St. Lucia firearm license that is available through the Commissioner of Police in order to bring one into the country.

St. Lucia Customs | stlucia-guide.info

St. Lucia gun act of 2003

http://www.rslpf.com/site/New%20fire...Act%202003.pdf

You may want to contact the Commissioner of Police to ascertain if you can get a permit.

Royal Saint Lucia Police Force
    Strange, sounds like only automatic weapons are prohibited.

Prohibited weapons and ammunition

3. (1) Subject to this Act, a person shall not use, purchase, acquire
    or have in his or her possession, import or export, carry, manufacture,
    supply or offer to supply to another, be concerned in the supplying to
    another, of any of the following

(a) any firearm which is so designed or adapted that, if pressure
    is applied to the trigger, missiles continue to be discharged
    until pressure is removed form the trigger or the magazine
    containing the ammunition is empty;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast