Traveling with firearm question

Thread: Traveling with firearm question

1. Traveling with firearm question

I dont have cwp and am traveling from South Carolina to Colorado. I know in SC I can conceal it in glovebox but my question is can I keep it in glovebox across states I will be traveling thru?

You need to follow the laws of each state that you travel through.

Read https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015...transportation for transporting an unloaded firearm across states using the federal Firearm Owners' Protection Act (FOPA).

Read the firearms laws of each state that you travel through and of your destination at Handgunlaw.us to find any legal options for transporting or carrying a loaded firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Shoot View Post
    can I keep it in glovebox across states I will be traveling thru?
    Probably not.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

5. No license to carry, all those states, loaded gun, in a glove box. No.

Legally, NO! Illegally, YES!

Get your permit!

I'd map out my route, then do a little research on the internet, and make a list of requirements state by state.

Example, if you come north to catch I40, without a permit, in NC the gun must be visible (front seat, dashboard) because OC is legal, or secured out of reach from driver and passengers, locked glove box, in trunk, or all the way in the back of an SUV.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg