Are there any Premitted Motorcyclist out there??? - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any Premitted Motorcyclist out there???

Conceal carry

My advice is to carry on your person at all times. I'm a retired (LEO) and carry mine in a fanny-pack. I know I have different thoughts about conceal carry, but if you don't have it to use quickly, what's the use? I am also covered differentlly with Federal law on concealed carry as far as reciprocity, but always remember it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by six...By the way GW slammer, be nice, us H-D guys might start crying if you keep up with the locked storage stuff, it's just too traumatic...oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    By the way GW slammer, be nice, us H-D guys might start crying if you keep up with the locked storage stuff, it's just too traumatic...oh my.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

2004 HD 1200XLC with 32700 original miles and counting

I carry everyday I ride which is everyday its sunny and a lot of days that it's not. Since I'm on a Sportster my primary carry is either IWB or OWB some days I conceal it, some I carry openly. when i travel I take with me a travel safe, for those states that are unconstitutional. when i get off the bike and Have to secure the firearm i either put it in my saddle bag (in the safe)and wrap a cable around it or I put it in the bottom of the Travel sissy bar bag under all my clothing and other junk, in the safe as well.

Since I ride on a bagger sometimes too I will ride the same way but I have more options because he has a lockable tourpack. See NRA UR2 thats what us harley riders call a trunk.

Originally Posted by navy32man
    The Cross Breed holster works great when riding. You don't even know it's there. It's the most comfortable holster I have ever owned.
    +1 on that my wife even says its more comfortable for her when we ride. she says that it doesn't poke her in the leg as much.
    Andrew

Carrying on bike

You could go one of two ways here. The first is using the smart holster. It is concealed inside your pants in front of you. Supposed to be very comfortable. You can carry your gun of choice and a mag. Plus ID and extra cash. All out of sight. The second way is by logging onto, thesportsmansguide.com. Then search for leather concealed carry vest. It is very reasonably priced. Hope this helps out. I ride and use a crossbreed IWB holster. Very comfortable. Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolfsniper View Post
    You could go one of two ways here. The first is using the smart holster. It is concealed inside your pants in front of you. Supposed to be very comfortable. You can carry your gun of choice and a mag. Plus ID and extra cash. All out of sight. The second way is by logging onto, thesportsmansguide.com. Then search for leather concealed carry vest. It is very reasonably priced. Hope this helps out. I ride and use a crossbreed IWB holster. Very comfortable. Luck.
    Thanx.. I have seen the smart holster, but it seems like it would not be too comfortable sitting on a motorcycle for longer periods of time.
    I have checked with CrossBreed, but they do not make a holster for my gun (yet!) I do have a IWB holster and that is what I intend to use. I am also picking up a conceal jean vest on Saturday.
    I live in Florida and there are only so many months a year I can wear a leather vest!!!
    Thanx again for the responses..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    Thanx.. I have seen the smart holster, but it seems like it would not be too comfortable sitting on a motorcycle for longer periods of time.
    I have checked with CrossBreed, but they do not make a holster for my gun (yet!) I do have a IWB holster and that is what I intend to use. I am also picking up a conceal jean vest on Saturday.
    I live in Florida and there are only so many months a year I can wear a leather vest!!!
    Thanx again for the responses..

Where did you find the concealed carry jean vest? I have a leather one but your right it gets hot.

Quote Originally Posted by braggon View Post
    Where did you find the concealed carry jean vest? I have a leather one but your right it gets hot.
    We have a local Motorcycle Apparel shop and get it from them, She doesn't usually do Mail Order, but you could call her and see if she would mail-order or at least tell you where she get's them from, so they can tell you someone local that might have them.. She sells them for $35..
    Recycled Cycle Inc. - Home

Peachie should answer the phone, please tell her that HootmonHarry and Lexe sent you..

Thanx

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Thanks, I'll check my local shop to see if it's something new they carry. Haven't been there yet this season, if they don't then I'll give them a call.

I recommend a fanny pack. if you have a tank bag, saddle bags, or tail bag, you can store it there when you are actually riding and when you put it on when you stop.

I'm a little paranoid about wearing when I'm in motion on the bike. I never know when I might go down. I've been lucky so far. But who knows... There is a saying that there are two kinds of motorcycle riders, those who have been down and those who will go down. So I put mine in the tank bag when I ride.

Quote Originally Posted by hootmonsccy View Post

I. Love. This. Shirt. !!!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast