Are there any Premitted Motorcyclist out there??? - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any Premitted Motorcyclist out there???

Have traveled 6000 to 7000 miles on my bike with my Supertuck, tee shirt and leather vest. Vest is too short to cover gun but I wear a longer tee shirt and it has never blown or otherwise raised up to uncover weapon. Believe me, I check it all the time, especially when freeway riding and like I said, never once exposed. Have S&W M&P 40compact which is not at all small in the butt/grip.

Quote Originally Posted by NRA UR2 View Post
    There are 150,000 GWRRA members who will take exception to your stupid remark about motorcycles not having trunks. They have a trunk, two saddle bags that lock, two front compartments, one of which locks and compartments for extra storage under the side speakers. ON second thought maybe you'd better leave your gun at home. I think we'd all be alot safer.
    Wow, You goldwing riders as a snobby bunch. Worse than most harley riders. Not every bike and rider, have or
    need a trunk, sadle bags, or expecially speakers. If you have a stereo on your bike maybe you should give up your permit and get some knitting needles. Dosen't feel good when you are put down by someone you haven't met, does it. It was a simple question. If you cant answer it shut up, and wait for someone who can.

I have a shoulder holster that I usually carry mine in, but unfortunaly my bike has 22" apes, so when riding it becomes visible so it goes in my vest gun pocket until I stop riding. and yes I have been lit up because it was seen by a driver and reported to and officer of the law....

Metric
    SAA WPMC

4. Look to Federal Law for carrying through non-reciprocal states

Someone asked about transporting through non-reciprocal states, and Canada. First the first question.

1) When traveling through a state that doesn't honor your CCW permit, you have two choices. Abide by the law, or carry anyway and risk the consequences. While i understand the philosophy behind carrying anyway (and have been tempted), we all represent the gun-owning public every time we carry, and i advocate for safe storage in those places that prefer you as a potential victim rather than an empowered, law abiding citizen. Ahem. anyway, Federal Law (trumps state law) allows you to take a handgun or long gun, if properly secured, from any place in this country where you lawfully may possess the firearm to any other place in the country where you may lawfully possess the firearm. Note i did not say CARRY. It must be locked in a secure container, placed in the trunk if you have one or away from your person if you don't, and unloaded with ammo stored also out of your reach. A motorcycle is simply considered a vehicle without any compartment separate from the driver's compartment.

Cite: TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 44 > § 926APrev | Next § 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms
    Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

2) Canada - need to research current law. Last time i went into Canada, i was required to check my pistol (being lawfully transported under ss926A above) with the Canadian border agents, and pick it up on my return. The agent was a snotty little 15 year old (anyway, i dont' think he even had to shave once a week)who started playing with my gun - no lie. I watched him pop the (empty) mag in, dry fire the gun, rack the slide, and i told him very clearly how little i appreciated him playing with my property, let alone a firearm. His response was unintelligible, but he must have known he was being very stupid, because he quickly set the gun down in the case and closed it up. Gave me a receipt for it. Getting it back was even worse - they treated me like i was Al Capone, but i suffered and got the pistol back. What a clusterf**k that was. In my mind, taking a pistol to Canada is not worth the trouble. Trying to sneak it in would be insane.

Good luck!
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants ... for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Daugherty16 View Post
    Someone asked about transporting through non-reciprocal states, and Canada. First the first question.

Cite: TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 44 > § 926APrev | Next § 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms
    Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

Good luck!
    Thank you for your response..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. I carry ITW whenever I ride. I also often ride strapped to my hip along with the one ITW on long trips. If there is a state en route that doesn't honor my CCW, I avoid that state. Shucks, we're riding! No problem with a little detour!!

Reap the Vision...
    ...Mike

7. Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    Wow, You goldwing riders as a snobby bunch. Worse than most harley riders. Not every bike and rider, have or
    need a trunk, sadle bags, or expecially speakers. If you have a stereo on your bike maybe you should give up your permit and get some knitting needles. Dosen't feel good when you are put down by someone you haven't met, does it. It was a simple question. If you cant answer it shut up, and wait for someone who can.

I have a shoulder holster that I usually carry mine in, but unfortunaly my bike has 22" apes, so when riding it becomes visible so it goes in my vest gun pocket until I stop riding. and yes I have been lit up because it was seen by a driver and reported to and officer of the law....

Metric
    SAA WPMC
    Now listen to you...I'm a Harley rider...you've never met me...I'm not an a-hole like you just stated...what's wrong here?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post

Metric
    SAA WPMC
    Now listen to you...I'm a Harley rider...you've never met me like "most" other Harley riders...I'm not an a-hole like you just stated...what's wrong here?

Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    Wow, You goldwing riders as a snobby bunch. Worse than most harley riders. . . Metric
    SAA WPMC
    Man, this is some f'ing thread! So much for the "Brotherhood" of Bikers, eh? Seems to me if you can't put this ******** aside and just be a "brother", in the general rider sense, you should steer clear of other riders entirely.

Not for nothin', but just the other day I came across two bikers off by the side of the road. I slowed down long enough to signal 'You guys OK?', and got the "OK" sign back, but it occurs to me that I never even noticed what the bikes were. It doesn't MATTER!!

Come on, for crissake! If we aren't looking out for one another, who the hell is? Beyond that, from a Gun standpoint, if the SHTF, what personality traits are you cultivating that would have anyone able to count on YOU to 'have their back'?? There are some here I would definitely want somewhere far away.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by oatwillie View Post
    ...I'm not an a-hole like you just stated...what's wrong here?
    Go back and R E A D slowly didn't once state you were an a-hole, but if the shoe fits...

Metric...

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Man, this is some f'ing thread! So much for the "Brotherhood" of Bikers, eh?
    Hey, I started the thread, but have no responsibility for the way it went.. I just wanted to know how people carry on a bike..
    I don't care what you ride..
    If you ride a GW, great for you..
    If you ride a HD, great for you,
    If you ride a 1983 Suzuki, great for you..
    What you ride does not make you a better or worse person..
    Every group has it's good people and it's A55Holes... I find less of the latter in general in bikers, but we have our few.. Bikers in general have a big heart and are some of the most giving / caring people you can be around.. Not sure what's up with the few, but I hope the rest of us wear off on the few sooner or later..

Still awaiting my CCW permit.. Probably at least another month, the way things are going in Floriduh..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast