Are there any Premitted Motorcyclist out there??? - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any Premitted Motorcyclist out there???

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Vegas View Post
    I ride with a back pack all the time ( my RR has no bags or space under the seat what so ever) so if I need to carry anything it goes into the camel pack....If and when I get my permit I'll probably just keep it in the pack, it's not like I can shoot it while I ride anyway,

BTW what do you guys ride???

I have a 2007 honda CBR RR
    When you do start carrying you may want to practice, with your weapon unloaded, possably keeping your weapon where its accessable and drawing with your left hand, this will still give you your right to get the throttle, and you can shift without the clutch, protecting us (my wife and myself) while riding is one of the biggest reasons WE got our permits

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    We have a local Motorcycle Apparel shop and get it from them, She doesn't usually do Mail Order, but you could call her and see if she would mail-order or at least tell you where she get's them from, so they can tell you someone local that might have them.. She sells them for $35..
    Recycled Cycle Inc. - Home

Peachie should answer the phone, please tell her that HootmonHarry and Lexe sent you..

Thanx
    Great link, hootmonsccy, thanks!

4. Now I am really worried! I had no idea there were so many armed bikers out there! I thought I was the only one :) As to the question, as mentioned, if your unloaded weapon is secured locked in a locked container and your ammo is in another bag, you should be ok in states that do not have CCW or reciprocity. Before I got my permit, this was the way I had to transport to the range.

Now days I just use my Kolster IWB as my coat covers it even in wind but when it warms up I have one of the T-shirt holster for my XD-40 with the Ruger LCP or LCR in my tank bib.

I am sad to see some of the thoughtless posts creeeping into this site. I have noticed several in other topics as well. This site has always been a kind of safe haven from some of the nonsense on many of the other sites. I REALLY hate to see it on this topic. A bike is a bike, two wheels is two wheels. I have a Honda but it is a Shadow. Kind of makes me reconsider a Gold Wing as I do not want to be associated with that kind of attitude. Maybe a Victory or an Indian would be better! Nothing worse than a biker with an attitude

Ride safe, ride often, but RIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by thebrez1 View Post
    Now days I just use my Kolster IWB as my coat covers it even in wind but when it warms up I have one of the T-shirt holster for my XD-40 with the Ruger LCP or LCR in my tank bib.
    So when you have your Ruger in your Tank Bib, what do you do when you go inside somewhere? DO you leave it in the bib??
    What is the "T-Shirt" holster you speak of.. Sound's interesting..

If I'm riding longer distances, or it's really hot, I will put my pistol in my Tank bag, but the bag is held on magnetically, so I can take it in with me when I stop and get off..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    So when you have your Ruger in your Tank Bib, what do you do when you go inside somewhere? DO you leave it in the bib??

If I'm riding longer distances, or it's really hot, I will put my pistol in my Tank bag, but the bag is held on magnetically, so I can take it in with me when I stop and get off..
    Just to add a little bit of info.... For you pip's that ride, but haven't used a tank bag..... My best T-bag system is a magnetic attached one as well.... but most, if not all, come with a quick disconnect anchor strap, so that someone can't do a snatch and run, or for some reason the bike/bag might be subject to a hit/fall the bag still won't go anywhere..... Click(strap)... lift(bag).... You have the cc with you always..... another thing for those worried about getting to the cc quickly most bags come with 2 zip-tabs that will meet anywhere .... So I put the zip tabs near the carry handle on the bag and unzip enough to reach into the bag if needed without having to unzip...... and people still can't see in the bag......

I have a permit to carry concealed but 90% of the time you will find me on my '81 GoldWing open carrying. The only time it is concealed is when my jacket covers it on cold(er) days.

My current ride is a 1200 Bandit, fortunately with locking hard bags and matching tail pack...normally carry in a specially made fannypack when I'm off bike, and put the fannypack in a tankbag while riding. Has worked well for me over the years.

9. Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post

My tank bib has a glass case attached that you twist and remove. I just stick it in my pocket as a BUG and to prevent theft. As far as the shirt,, there are may brands out there that have a pistol holder sewn in under one arm or you can by an elastic harness that you can easily remove. They all work but here is one link I know of:

CCWSUPPLY.BIZ - Conceal Carry Vests and Clothing

Wading through the garbage, my thoughts are just those, mine...

I travel everywhere with a tank bag on my bikes. I usually keep a pistol in there. After running the situation by a few LEOs, their opinion is that it's like a glove box in a car; out of plain sight, not on my person. From reading some laws pertaining to the situation and those discussions, I'm comfortable with it. Now, taking the tank bag off and carrying it into an establishment, that's another story...

11. A lot depends on which state issued your CWP and reciprcol aggreements. I have had no trouble (Florida CWP) in any of the the states I normally travel to. Whatever carry requirement are in your state are pretty much the same in the recipocal states. However when you travel to states that do not honor your CWP or in some cases no CWP I would read up on the best way to transport a weapon. Most cases you must unload the weapon, use a gun lock, plus case and separate and secure ammo away from gun. And definitely don't cross over into Canada with you weapon. I never travel out of town without my gun (s) and I just plain avoid states where I cannot carry when riding. Enjoy your ride and your CWP.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast