Are there any Premitted Motorcyclist out there???
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any Premitted Motorcyclist out there???

Are there any Permitted Motorcyclist out there???

I am a motorcyclist and will soon have my Conceal permit..
    Any advice on carrying while on the bike?
    Traveling through other states.. (You know we don't have "Consoles, glove compartment, and trunks")
    I know how to look up laws in other states, but sometimes I'm a little confused as to how it applies to a motorcyclist.

When I travel any real distance I have a tank bag with me and saddlebags (Non-locking)
    I intend to IWB most of the time, but is there any issue with this on the bike??

I'm interested in everyone's opinion on this..
    Thanx

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

I've thought about this myself since one day either New Jersey will be admitted into the Union or I'm going to be moving. Either way I'm going to have to confront this.

I'm of a mind that in order to get good concealment and still have the security I want, I'd probably have to go with a shoulder holster for CCW while riding. Alternatively, a hip holster under a longer jacket or vest might work...I'd just have to experiment to make sure I didn't "offend". For just travelin' through, I'll prolly have to separate the ammo from the sidearm and keep them in different saddlebags. For your tank bag, you might consider a locking gunbox...or a fitted box...with a cable and lock around it.

If you come up with a better solution, I'd sure like to hear it!

Ride safe...
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

4. CCW Carry On MC

There are 150,000 GWRRA members who will take exception to your stupid remark about motorcycles not having trunks. They have a trunk, two saddle bags that lock, two front compartments, one of which locks and compartments for extra storage under the side speakers. ON second thought maybe you'd better leave your gun at home. I think we'd all be alot safer.

Quote Originally Posted by NRA UR2 View Post
    There are 150,000 GWRRA members who will take exception to your stupid remark about motorcycles not having trunks. They have a trunk, two saddle bags that lock, two front compartments, one of which locks and compartments for extra storage under the side speakers. ON second thought maybe you'd better leave your gun at home. I think we'd all be alot safer.
    Maybe it is just me... But USUALLY my first contact with someone (especially on a forum) would not including calling their remarks "STUPID"

OK well if there are 150,000 GWRRA members there are at least 2,500,000 riders of something other than a GW..
    So thanx for your help (NOT)
    So thanx for your advice (NOT)

and by the way "alot" is two words!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by NRA UR2 View Post
    Uncalled for, Dude. He didn't say anything that should offend you and your post is excessive. Perhaps you should bag the Gold Wing in favor of a Harley . . . drain off some of that accumulating aggression. In the meantime maybe you should leave YOUR gun home.

Yo Bro, Why would you attack a fellow biker like that?? and a fellow carrier?? We are here on this board because we share something in common. Most of the time, more than one thing. That was kind of brutal huh? I don't have a trunk on my bike....and I have a VERY big bike. 1800 V twin to be exact. No locking bags either.. Need to chill dude. No need for the attitude. I'm new here too, but not new to forums. He's just looking for some advice.....
    Last edited by moaugusta; 05-16-2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: edit

Coranado leather vests are a good way to go at least in cooler weather. By the way my motorcycle did not have a "locking trunk" either. I never rode out of state so did not have to worry about a state where I could not carry on me. I guess locking saddle bags might be in order in that case.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Uncalled for, Dude. He didn't say anything that should offend you and your post is excessive. Perhaps you should bag the Gold Wing in favor of a Harley . . . drain off some of that accumulating aggression. In the meantime maybe you should leave YOUR gun home.

I don't have a Harley, but that was great!!LOL

'05 FLSTCI Heritage Classic

Not as fast as some, not as comfortable as some, but a Great Bike! Thinking there may be a Road Glide in my future one of these days, though, to address my aging bones. It'll serve me better when we eventually move to South Carolina, too.

For those with saddle bags that don't lock, I know that some are clasp-closed and some are zipper-closed.

I'm not sure about the clasp ones (don't have much experience), but some of the zipper ones could have a key or combo-lock added to them, either hooked into both slides (for the type that have two) or into a hook or loop likely found on the bag near the end of the zipper.
    Fred's News
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - - Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast