Stop recognizing state permits that don't recongize ours.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Stop recognizing state permits that don't recongize ours.

  1. #1

    Stop recognizing state permits that don't recongize ours.

    I think Utah should stop honoring permits form states that don't accept ours. I think other states should do the same as well. If this were to happen, then the only like 11 states that would recognize Nevada. I don't think NV will ever honor Utah or Florida again unless something like the above mentioned happens.

  2.   
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by G274me View Post
    I think Utah should stop honoring permits form states that don't accept ours. I think other states should do the same as well. If this were to happen, then the only like 11 states that would recognize Nevada. I don't think NV will ever honor Utah or Florida again unless something like the above mentioned happens.
    NV probably will never honor UT and FL again because it will cost them money. The official reason is that the qualifications in those states aren't as stringent as NV. I think if UT and FL ever came up with similar qualifications like NV then NV will look for a new reason to keep them out. NV wants the money for the license as well as you having to spend money in NV for the class and qualification at the range. Of course, NV will never say that.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 442js View Post
    NV probably will never honor UT and FL again because it will cost them money. The official reason is that the qualifications in those states aren't as stringent as NV. I think if UT and FL ever came up with similar qualifications like NV then NV will look for a new reason to keep them out. NV wants the money for the license as well as you having to spend money in NV for the class and qualification at the range. Of course, NV will never say that.
    NV could solve their "issue" by simply saying NV resident must have a NV CFP to carry in NV. Then they could back to their regular recip agreements.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    NV could solve their "issue" by simply saying NV resident must have a NV CFP to carry in NV. Then they could back to their regular recip agreements.
    True, but I don't think it is just NV residents' money they want. People would just get a UT or FL license because they are recognized by more states so it makes sense not to get a NV. By not accepting UT or FL, people who want to carry concealed in NV have to get a NV license if you are from a state that NV doesn't recognize.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Here in NY it's very unfriendly. We don't honor any other state's permit. But why punish the good people of this state over the actions of the legislature.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    edge of freedom
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Here in NY it's very unfriendly. We don't honor any other state's permit. But why punish the good people of this state over the actions of the legislature.
    This ^
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 442js View Post
    True, but I don't think it is just NV residents' money they want. People would just get a UT or FL license because they are recognized by more states so it makes sense not to get a NV. By not accepting UT or FL, people who want to carry concealed in NV have to get a NV license if you are from a state that NV doesn't recognize.
    If they wanted more non-residents to get the NV permit, they would eliminate the need to take the class In-state....

  9. nevada sucks,i quit going there,i will spend my money elsewhere,i agree lets stop honoring nevada's cwp,makes sence..(sorrry about my bad spelling,didn't see the mistake untill this morning..)

  10. #9
    I disagree; reciprocity is a good thing even if other states don't recognize our permit. Tourism benefits from it, it encourages legal carry by people traveling through Utah, and it sets a good example for other states' legislatures.
    UtahConcealedCarry.com
    Carry guns are like work trucks: who cares if they get beat up a little as long as they work when you need them to.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    211
    Nebraska has full reciprocity. If you recognize our permit, we recognize yours. If our citizens cannot carry in your state, don't bother carrying in ours. Fair is fair.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast