Greetings - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings

1. Hello from cool Florida.

Talking mahanl9

Just stopped by to say hi from Roy, UT

Welcom Aboard!!!
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Utah/Nevada permits honored

Hi - New Mexico looking for information from Utah. Nevada's recent switch to honoring (some, I think only 8) other state's permits has some holes in it. NM is NOT honored in Nevada, apparently because NM, even though it has a strict licensing base, has no electronic data base that will satisfy Nevada. I need a good argument for why NM needs the electronic data base, but don't have a clue what that entails. Apparently the Utah data base is satisfactory. Any argument against it? Information from the NM AG & DPS is like a dental operation without novacain. I hope one day to have as strong a CCW group in NM as you folks have in Utah.
    sailor

Checked in to the main group a few days ago, but thought I'd better check in here also, so Hello from wonderfully remote, no smog/inversion/traffic Emery County! (okay, along with no smog etc we also have no indoor shooting range or decent place to eat out--trade offs) :)

Welcome Aboard

Welcome on the the Utah forum. Its normally fairly silent, but a good place to great local people. No indoor gun range, just means you get a good look at nature as you shoot. I'd take an outdoor range even right now in the deep snow. The noise is less, and the air is fresh. Greetings from Cache County.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Quote Originally Posted by whiptrackercracker View Post
    No indoor gun range, just means you get a good look at nature as you shoot. I'd take an outdoor range even right now in the deep snow. The noise is less, and the air is fresh.
    True, I'm okay with it, but my fingers about freeze off loading the magazine on the cold days! The other upside is the "range" at the hill just outside of town is close and doesn't cost me anything but ammo . . .
    Last edited by mom of 3 angels; 02-07-2008 at 04:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12