How long for Utah to issue? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How long for Utah to issue?

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    Utah can take up to 60 days from the time they deposit your check or charge your credit card.
    Great. I sent a- money order.
    ??????

3. I sent my check in on the 21st of January. The check cleared on the on the 5th of March. I just got off the phone Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification and they said that it will be between 60 and 90 days from the date the check cleared. That what possibility of 120+ day. I understand that they are busy, but this seem a little much. Has anyone else had a similar experience.

Joe

It took almost exactly a month from the time I sent the check in until they cashed it and about 60 days after that to get me the license. The letter I got with the license seemed to indicate that they hadn't gotten verification of my clean record from the Fed's as yet and that the license was subject to recall. Made me think the Fed's are backed up (possible), or deliberately holding things up (also possible). There is a run on carry permits particularly for Utah (because so many states recognize it, 29 for non-resident) but all over the country. Lot's of people want to try to follow what is most reasonably unconstitutional laws.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Similar story here. Mailed it on 2/10/09, credit card charged on 3/10/09. Been rushing home after work to check the mail for the last month in anticipation. Still waiting.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

I sent a money order so for all intensive purposes, my check was cashed the minute they got it. I gun clerk at Bass Pro in Vegas told me he did the same thing and got his permit in exactly 60 days. I got my Nevada in 30 so I'm covered until I want to go East to visit family.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohave-Tec View Post
    I sent a money order so for all intensive purposes, my check was cashed the minute they got it.
    Don't count on that. The envelope with your application probably sat in a pile of other applications for a month or so before they even opened it. If I understand correctly, That "idle time" is not being counted as part of the 60 days. So, you're probably lookin at about the middle of June. If you get it sooner, I'll be jealous, cause I sent mine a month before you and I'm still waiting.
    Last edited by utimmer43; 05-05-2009 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Add content
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

I have my Nevada so it doesn't matter. I'm not traveling until October.

9. Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Similar story here. Mailed it on 2/10/09, credit card charged on 3/10/09. Been rushing home after work to check the mail for the last month in anticipation. Still waiting.
    My brother mailed his in February and his transaction posted to his account on March 4. Utah permit arrived on May 23.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

80 days and still counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohave-Tec View Post
    80 days and still counting.
    I finally got mine the day you posted this.That was the 112th day since I mailed mine and the 84th day since they charged my credit card. If you only mailed yours on March 16, you very well could have another month to wait.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast