How long for Utah to issue? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: How long for Utah to issue?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    I finally got mine the day you posted this.That was the 112th day since I mailed mine and the 84th day since they charged my credit card. If you only mailed yours on March 16, you very well could have another month to wait.
    Yeah. I sent it registered mail with a cashiers check enclosed. It was signed for two days after I mailed it.
    I'm not concerned; I have my Nevada CCW but it is pretty sad that you and I could never get away with this kind og tardiness in anything we do.

  2.   
  3. #22
    I sent my Utah application US Priority Mail with tracking and never got an update from the post office showing that they received the packet - had it traced by the post office - got a call from the post master who said "that place gets a ton of mail each day and my guys must have forgot to scan the barcode, they must have it". - Nice!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    I finally got mine the day you posted this.That was the 112th day since I mailed mine and the 84th day since they charged my credit card. If you only mailed yours on March 16, you very well could have another month to wait.
    There might be something wrong. That's an awfully long time. I am wondering if the app was filled out right.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

    -Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by calmp9 View Post
    There might be something wrong. That's an awfully long time. I am wondering if the app was filled out right.
    I know you don't know me personally so you'll have to take my word for it, I'm not an idiot. I went over the application 3 times before sending it to make sure every "t" was crossed and "i" dotted. It was filled out right.

    They are just flat out busy at the BCI and the last I have heard, only 3 people are running background checks (maybe more since I last heard). While my wait time seems long, it is not out of the ordinary here of late. And even now that I did finally get it, it was accompanied by a note stating that it's "validity is contingent on a satisfactory criminal history report being received from the FBI." So, I'm assuming that they still didn't get around to running the FBI check.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

  6. Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    I know you don't know me personally so you'll have to take my word for it, I'm not an idiot. I went over the application 3 times before sending it to make sure every "t" was crossed and "i" dotted. It was filled out right.

    They are just flat out busy at the BCI and the last I have heard, only 3 people are running background checks (maybe more since I last heard). While my wait time seems long, it is not out of the ordinary here of late. And even now that I did finally get it, it was accompanied by a note stating that it's "validity is contingent on a satisfactory criminal history report being received from the FBI." So, I'm assuming that they still didn't get around to running the FBI check.
    You're right. I don't know you. I am not calling you an idiot. I have read about instances where an applicant complained of a long delay without response, only to have it sent back with a letter stating there something was missing or filled out improperly. I am merely stating what I have read about, nothing more.

    It's weird because my brother and I took the CCW class on March 12 of 2008. I filed for my nonresident Nevada and Utah permits the next day and got pretty fast. My brother applied for his resident Nevada, but waited on the Utah.

    I reminded him that his Utah training was going to expire. It was getting close to one year. So, he mailed it and the check was cashed on March 4, 2009. His permit came on May 23. It seems strange that his came so fast if Utah BCI is so backed up. But hey, at least you both got them.

    Good luck!
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

    -Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

  7. #26
    I submited on 3/10/09. Check was cashed on 4/6/09. Now I'm like the Energizer Bunny. I keep waiting, and waiting, and.......

  8. #27
    And you're in Utah... that must be aggravating. You should have it in the next couple weeks.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    39

    glad u not in florida

    im in florida and still waiting i think im at day 116

  10. #29
    BTW, I'm not suggesting that your location has anything to do with how long you wait, other than the couple days difference in transit time through the USPS. All I'm saying is that if I lived in UT and had to wait 3-4 months for a permit, I might be a little peeved with all these non-residents gumming up the works. Sorry, I was one of those NRs.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

  11. #30
    The paperwork process is simple. Temps could do the work. They certainly have the money. If they wanted to speed up the process they could.
    It's not a must that I get the thing but I do have several hundred dollar wrapped up in the chase. I'd like to have it put to rest.
    About 100 days now...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast