How long for Utah to issue? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How long for Utah to issue?

There's been talk about giving residents priority. They'll probably go to that the day after my permit gets issued. But seriously, with the number of permits that keep rolling in, non-residents might never get issued unless they did something like issue two residents, issue an non-resident, issue two residents..... The frustrating thing is that my buddy submitted the same day but used a credit card on the spot - he got his permit three weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    All I'm saying is that if I lived in UT and had to wait 3-4 months for a permit, I might be a little peeved with all these non-residents gumming up the works. Sorry, I was one of those NRs.
    Last edited by HardCorps53; 06-18-2009 at 11:46 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Mohave-Tec View Post
    The paperwork process is simple. Temps could do the work. They certainly have the money. If they wanted to speed up the process they could.
    It's not a must that I get the thing but I do have several hundred dollar wrapped up in the chase. I'd like to have it put to rest.
    About 100 days now...

That seems rather steep. Class should have cost you no more than $100, fingerprints and photos $25, application fee $65.25, Express Mail $20. Add it all up, and you're far from "several hundred dollars".

I sure hope you didn't get ripped off by anyone.

gf
    Last edited by Glock Fan; 06-23-2009 at 02:37 AM. Reason: corrections
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

8 hours of overtime in a classroom. 5 hours of overtime at the police department.
    I'm way to smart to be taken for a ride. $300+

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mohave-Tec View Post
    8 hours of overtime in a classroom. 5 hours of overtime at the police department.
    I'm way to smart to be taken for a ride. $300+
    That sounds like extensive training. I did not read the previous posts, so forgive me if I'm being redundant. What was the training involve and what did the $300 get you? Did it include fingerprinting, photo and notarizing?

Just curious, that's all.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

Sounds like I got off easy. $80 for the 4 hour class (on a Saturday, so no work time lost), $62.25 for the app., $10 for the notary, $5 to mail it. Prints were free and my wife did the pic.

Best part is that it's only $10 to renew.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

sent app 5/1
    check cleared 6/4
    received on ???

Residents vs. non-residents

Per Utah BCI, Utah residents do get priority over non-residents. This was confirmed when I took the UT CFP instructor class last March.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

My wife and I applied together. My wife is a naturalized citizen, born in Scotland. BCI (Utah's Bureau of Criminal Investigation) called her yesterday for clarification on her immigration number so they could complete her background check. This tells me two things:

1. I should be getting my CCP soon!!!

2. It's easier to get elected as POTUS, without proving citizenship, than it is to get a CCP in Utah which has some of the least restrictive gun laws in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps53 View Post
    I submited on 3/10/09. Check was cashed on 4/6/09. Now I'm like the Energizer Bunny. I keep waiting, and waiting, and.......

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps53 View Post
    My wife and I applied together. My wife is a naturalized citizen, born in Scotland. BCI (Utah's Bureau of Criminal Investigation) called her yesterday for clarification on her immigration number so they could complete her background check. This tells me two things:

1. I should be getting my CCP soon!!!

2. It's easier to get elected as POTUS, without proving citizenship, than it is to get a CCP in Utah which has some of the least restrictive gun laws in the country.
    I submitted 3/16. Still waiting.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Mohave-Tec View Post
    I submitted 3/16. Still waiting.
    Did the transaction post to your checking account yet?
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast