PERMIT in VT? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PERMIT in VT?

I went to school in Vermont and lived there for a year after graduation. I know Rutland is bad, but I know that Barre and Burlington cops will break your balls as well. There was a case a few years back that a barre cop brought up against a guy CCWing, and it was tossed out without ever being heard.

I hate when cops say things like "will it be worth it?" It will be be worth it when someone gets to make him look like an incompetent moron, possibly even get a nice payday. But most importantly it is important and worth it to stand up for your rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer M-14 View Post
    I went to school in Vermont and lived there for a year after graduation. I know Rutland is bad, but I know that Barre and Burlington cops will break your balls as well. There was a case a few years back that a barre cop brought up against a guy CCWing, and it was tossed out without ever being heard.

I hate when cops say things like "will it be worth it?" It will be be worth it when someone gets to make him look like an incompetent moron, possibly even get a nice payday. But most importantly it is important and worth it to stand up for your rights.
    For the most part Barre City is nothing but scum I try and afford that city. Now barre town is ok and they are not as big of pricks. My family lives in Montpelier and South Burlington so I try and stay way from the other towns. But I'M thinking about moving back and Northfield Is nice I spent a lot of time there with my grand parents growing up. Berlin is ok I only go there for one reason and that's to eat at the WaY-SIDE best food in the area.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

4. Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    I live in NH and if and when I go to VT. it says VT does not honor a NH permit but VT does not issue permits?? So, can I or cannot go into VT with a non-res. permit??
    I have a NH, MA. and ME. permit/s.
    It's not a dumb question, I just do not understand how it it worded and I want to know the LAW.
    thnx.
    sambo
    Well this is an ol post .But it got a little off topic.
    Vermont does not require a permit.Anyone who can legally own a gun can legally carry concealed in vermont.
    It is our second amendment that affords us the "right" Not Privilege to do this.
    A permit is an infringement on that right.This is what our state believes. So all are welcome to carry here
    as long as you can legally own the firearm. I guess it's more of the "IDEAL" around ccw.
    I think maybe you clicked on vermont instead of new hampshire when you read the map.when you click on vermont it shows all the states as orange.
    Because vermont does not issue permits no other states will let us carry there.Which is why we get new hampshire non resident permits.

...you're right, this is an old post. Thanks for the newer update. I guess if I go through VT., I'll be sure to CC anyway. Overall, just be smart about it.
    Friend of mine was just asking about VT., which is why I came back to this post........to get a refresher!
    thnx folks.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    ...you're right, this is an old post. Thanks for the newer update. I guess if I go through VT., I'll be sure to CC anyway. Overall, just be smart about it.
    Friend of mine was just asking about VT., which is why I came back to this post........to get a refresher!
    thnx folks.
    I would not lose sleep over it Sam Vermont has no permit system and as stated anyone can open/conceal carry even in cars. Just go have fun!!

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Gun laws only apply to the law abiding residents of this state...

Check the Freeps, TA, RH, and other news outlets about the drug dealing POS's from Albany, Troy, Brooklyn, that come up here to sell their drugs...

To be honest, I really wish one of these drug dealing POS' would come to be within 100 ft. of me, he would be
    a recipient of a 147 Gr. JHP or 2...

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerk19 View Post
    To be honest, I really wish one of these drug dealing POS' would come to be within 100 ft. of me, he would be a recipient of a 147 Gr. JHP or 2...
    Spoken like a true-blue internet rambo.

"Spoken like a true-blue internet rambo."

Rambo is fiction.

Considering the pro gun/2A slant of this site, your response is amusing.

You sound like a cop...

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerk19 View Post
    You sound like a cop...
    That's funny because I have been called, "Obviously hostile towards SC LEO's" by kelcarry for explaining that caneguns fall under NFA rules. And I have been called "Hostile towards retired LEO's," by Pax Menthis for stating my oppinion that LEOSA is a bad law.

11. Quote Originally Posted by gunnerk19 View Post
    Gun laws only apply to the law abiding residents of this state...

Check the Freeps, TA, RH, and other news outlets about the drug dealing POS's from Albany, Troy, Brooklyn, that come up here to sell their drugs...

To be honest, I really wish one of these drug dealing POS' would come to be within 100 ft. of me, he would be
    a recipient of a 147 Gr. JHP or 2...
    Fodder for a prosecution should you ever be involved in a shooting..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast