Thread: What's behind your target?

wolfhunter Guest

What's behind your target?

• Don't hang targets on steel posts
    • ---

3. MORON! I hang mine on 4x12 wood beam scrap stops most rounds

Talking

all most a Darwin award, almost
    Let every soul be subject unto the [U.S. Constitution.] For there is no [Constitution] but of God: the [Constitution] that be [is] ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the [Constitution], resisteth the ordinance of God:American Romans Ch.13v1-7 C.Baldwin

5. What's behind your target?

Gotta be fake. Why would the hat fly off? Plus he grabbed the back of the top of his head.

6. What's behind your target?

What kind of ammo is that? That's dangerous you could have killed by ammo bounced back to you.

7. The video might be fake, but the concept is real, SAFETY... SAFETY... if your using a make shift range, i would use wood for target frames/structures, and try to shoot (private/outdoor) with at least one other person.

Don't wait till something goes BAD to think SAFETY.

Quote Originally Posted by RRGlock23 View Post
    What kind of ammo is that? That's dangerous you could have killed by ammo bounced back to you.
    When shooting steel targets, sometimes jacketed bullets, or parts of the jacket can fragment and bounce in unexpected directions. This is more likely to happen when using high velocity rounds or jacketed hollow-points.

The closer you are to the point of impact, the greater the risk of being hit. I have heard of some competitive shooters being hit by fragments of copper that had bounced off the target. A couple have praised their protective eye-wear for saving their vision.

It's rare, but it happens.

Frangible ammuntion anyone ???.............duh.

Frangible ammuntion anyone ???.............duh.