open carry & concealed carry

Thread: open carry & concealed carry

1. open carry & concealed carry

With a ccp can you also oc if you want. In Va.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty123 View Post
    Yes. And you can also OC in Virginia with no permit.

Just because you have a driver's license does that mean you can no longer ride a bicycle? Same deal.

OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum

Quote Originally Posted by lefty123 View Post
    Firstly, in Virginia, it's a CHP... not a CCP. Just a clarification.

Open carry in Virginia is the normal, or default, mode of carrying a defensive sidearm. No permit is required for this mode of carry.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

5. Open Carry and Concealed Carry

The state of Washingon is an Open Carry state that also issues Concealed Pistol Licenses. However, we recently had an incident at a Starbucks in Pierce County that shows some LEOs don't know or don't care about the laws we have. A gentleman went into the same Starbucks every morning for his latte, with his 9 mm pistol on his hip, with no problem. This one morning, a deputy sheriff demanded his ID. Due to the manner in which the deputy phrased the demand, the gentleman stated that the deputy had no reason to be interrogating him, as he had committed no crime. The deputy arrested the gentleman for Disorderly Conduct and transported him to jail. Detective Ed Troyer, Pierce County SO, stated on television that the police have the right to investigate any possible threat. Keep that phrase in mind. How does a citizen, exercising his constitutional rights, constitute a threat? Did the deputies firearm constitute a threat? Given some recent incidents, I should think the deputiy's gun was more of a threat than the citizen's. The citizen was lawfully going about his busines, buying his regular morning coffee, and because he was carrying openly this storm trooper of a deputy decided that he needed to be arrested. I don't know what the final outcome of this incident was, because any correction or apology is probably covered by a gag order. The deputy needs about two week's suspension with no pay to contemplate his role in the scheme of things, and preferably ordered to spend his suspension in the law library, researching the Second Amendment and Washington's Open Carry law.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    The state of Washingon is an Open Carry state that also issues Concealed Pistol Licenses. However, we recently had an incident at a Starbucks in Pierce County that shows some LEOs don't know or don't care about the laws we have. A gentleman went into the same Starbucks every morning for his latte, with his 9 mm pistol on his hip, with no problem. This one morning, a deputy sheriff demanded his ID. Due to the manner in which the deputy phrased the demand, the gentleman stated that the deputy had no reason to be interrogating him, as he had committed no crime. The deputy arrested the gentleman for Disorderly Conduct and transported him to jail. Detective Ed Troyer, Pierce County SO, stated on television that the police have the right to investigate any possible threat. Keep that phrase in mind. How does a citizen, exercising his constitutional rights, constitute a threat? Did the deputies firearm constitute a threat? Given some recent incidents, I should think the deputiy's gun was more of a threat than the citizen's. The citizen was lawfully going about his busines, buying his regular morning coffee, and because he was carrying openly this storm trooper of a deputy decided that he needed to be arrested. I don't know what the final outcome of this incident was, because any correction or apology is probably covered by a gag order. The deputy needs about two week's suspension with no pay to contemplate his role in the scheme of things, and preferably ordered to spend his suspension in the law library, researching the Second Amendment and Washington's Open Carry law.
    You, sir, sound and present yourself as a credit to the law enforcement profession. It is indeed both comforting and encouraging to hear from LEO's such as you about matters regarding the exercising of our most basic and fundamental right as Americans.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.