Time it took to get my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit - Page 10
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Time it took to get my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit

1. I called September 1 because they never sent me anything stating they have received my package. They said the did and it looks like it will be a min of 60-90 days for processing for the Virginia Non-resident. I applied from OK.. From my understanding I thought they had to have it processed within 45 days???

3. Quote Originally Posted by WDB06 View Post
    I called September 1 because they never sent me anything stating they have received my package. They said the did and it looks like it will be a min of 60-90 days for processing for the Virginia Non-resident. I applied from OK.. From my understanding I thought they had to have it processed within 45 days???
    I see where resident permit must be processed within 45 days ( 18.2-308.04, C. Processing of the application and issuance of a concealed handgun permit.), but no restriction for nonresident

4. Correct, there's no statutory time to respond to non-resident permits. The state police set their own target at 90 days and pretty much they seem to hold to that even though nothing requires them to.

For resident permits, if they don't issue or deny in 45 days, the clerk is required to give you a letter to that effect which is a defacto CHP until they get around to taking action. Resident permits are handled by the individual counties and run anywhere from two weeks to the full 45 days (yes and most counties won't take any inquiries before 45 days). I swore mine out in front of the clerk in Loudoun and it took 30 days.

5. In s.c. they will make you wait 90 days..to the tee.😊😊

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using USA Carry mobile app

6. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by runningrabbit747 View Post
    In s.c. they will make you wait 90 days..to the tee.😊😊

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using USA Carry mobile app

7. I called about two weeks ago and the lady said that I still had a week before my 90 day mark but now the 90 days have passed I have not heard anything so who knows how long they can take.

8. Ok well I received my permit today and it was over the 90 days by maybe just a week and a half or two probably because of shipping but well worth the wait.

9. Thanks for the update! I finally got a hold of someone last week and said it should be here within 6-9 weeks. My friend did his the week before I did and was told should have it within 45 days for the same non-resident and spoke to the same person that I did. I am going to go a head and plan on the 90 day mark.

10. If someone told him 45 days, they were confused.

11. I agree!

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast