Time it took to get my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit - Page 13
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Time it took to get my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit

1. Update on my Virginia non resident CCW

I contacted the Virginia State Police this past week andND was told my permit was in the final stages and it should be mailed out within the next 10 days. As of today, it has been 105 days since they received my packet. Sure takes them a long goggles time to process a CCW.

3. Update on my Non resident CCW:
    Called today and was told that it was mailed out this past Tuesday. Only took them 114 days.... YEP!!!!! 114 DAYS to process my application. Seems to me that is wayyyyyyy too long. But at least I know it is on its way to me.

4. Finally finally finally!!!!!! After waiting 114 days, I finally got my Virginia Conceal Carry permit in the mail today. Holy HELL that was a long wait. Good luck to those that are still waiting....

5. Don't they have to respond within 90 days? I've just sent my application in today. Once they receive it I think that's how long they have to finish everything up but I could be wrong. At 80 days if I haven't heard anything I'll be calling.
    I think they have 45 days for residents of VA and that's why you're seeing those variances in times.

I got my original DE CCDW in less than three weeks. My renewal took thirty-five days. Nice change in the permit itself, smaller and much more professional looking. So now I am good for five years. When I applied for the update, I was given a copy of the payment and told to put it with my lapsed permit to show I had applied. Nice folks there, and helpful. Had to push to get the permit in my first initial and middle name. Showed my driver's license and Social and they complied with my request. Mentioned that they were actually giving me an alias if it weren't as requested. Be safe and carry always.

7. Thumbs down Long wait coming I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy_medic1967 View Post
    Update on my Non resident CCW:
    Called today and was told that it was mailed out this past Tuesday. Only took them 114 days.... YEP!!!!! 114 DAYS to process my application. Seems to me that is wayyyyyyy too long. But at least I know it is on its way to me.

That is disheartening.. I mailed mine August 8, 2015, got the confirmation letter back on August 19th. I guess I am looking at Christmas before getting mine back.. They have no respect for non residents!!

8. Any non-resident folks wanting a Virginia conceal carry, be warned, it takes a full 90 days and then some. The VSP web site says 45 days but that is limited to Virginia residents. They won't tell you this until after they get your application and $$$ money. They mail you a letter of receipt telling you it will be 90 days. . One would think if they are issuing that many permits, they could hire some help. I mailed in my application on August 8, 2016 and this is November 13th, still waiting. No respect at all for non residents..

9. Angry 90 days and still waiting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kim56 View Post
    That is disheartening.. I mailed mine August 8, 2015, got the confirmation letter back on August 19th. I guess I am looking at Christmas before getting mine back.. They have no respect for non residents!!
    AS of today, it was 90 days since they mailed me a confirmation letter, telling me it would be 90 days... LOL If you want a Virginia non resident CC, don't expect them to keep their word.. My question remains, if they have this much of a back-log, they are making a lot of money, why not hire some HELP???

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim56 View Post
    AS of today, it was 90 days since they mailed me a confirmation letter, telling me it would be 90 days... LOL If you want a Virginia non resident CC, don't expect them to keep their word.. My question remains, if they have this much of a back-log, they are making a lot of money, why not hire some HELP???
    Chances are they're not particularly concerned with keeping their word to out-of-staters. If they break their word, you can't vote to hold them accountable. You aren't likely to go there in person to file complaints etc., and even if you do they'll just say they're doing the best they can with overtime and personnel cutbacks, and dagnabbit, we try hard but we're only human blah blah blah.

Probably might as well just get comfy and wait. Stuff happens, and this time it's happening to you. Just roll with the punches.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

11. Thumbs down 100 day mark, no permit

100 days since a letter saying it would be 90 days.. No permit, so dang frustrating!!!

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast