Time it took to get my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit - Page 14
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Time it took to get my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit

1. I sent my package out on Sept 8th. Today is Dec 5th and still nothing.

3. Time to move

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyU View Post
    I sent my package out on Sept 8th. Today is Dec 5th and still nothing.
    It's too bad you live in a state that puts such strict restrictions on it's citizens. I live in Missouri and the law here is very reasonable. Right now if you want a CCW you just need to take a safety class (8hrs.) pay $100. and pass a background ck and bam you got it. But as of January we will be a Constitutional carry state. You don't need a permit now if your not going to carry concealed. Beautiful!

4. Quote Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
    I live in Missouri and the law here is very reasonable. Right now if you want a CCW you just need to take a safety class (8hrs.) pay $100. and pass a background ck and bam you got it.
    Just curious - would you consider that a very reasonable law if you had to go through those hoops to legally attend the church of your choice? Post on the internet? Prevent a police officer from stopping your vehicle on the highway to search your vehicle? Why are these laws very reasonable when they only apply to 2nd Amendment and not equally to the 1st or 4th Amendments - or, heaven forbid, to voting?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Just curious - would you consider that a very reasonable law if you had to go through those hoops to legally attend the church of your choice? Post on the internet? Prevent a police officer from stopping your vehicle on the highway to search your vehicle? Why are these laws very reasonable when they only apply to 2nd Amendment and not equally to the 1st or 4th Amendments - or, heaven forbid, to voting?
    Compare it to say N.Y. where you need three people to give you a positive reference, finger prints taken,put a gun on lay away,appear before a judge why you need the CCW, wait for maybe 9 mo.,ridiculous! Missouri is very reasonable. Church, etc. we'll see when that happens.

6. Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyU View Post
    I sent my package out on Sept 8th. Today is Dec 5th and still nothing.
    I applied August 7 and still have not heard a thing. You still have a month plus to go, plus some. Frustrating I know. The letter I got back on August 17 said 90 days. Looks to me like even if you are non resident , they would still be held to some standard.
    I emailed the address on the letter three weeks ago. She said "due to overwhelming volume, your permit will be issued before the end of this current month", that was November. Here it is December 6 and still no permit. They have us by the short hairs, they will issue when they decide to and there is nothing we can do, good luck!!

7. DAY 114~ NO PERMIT
    I called them at the number on the receipt. All they will tell me is that they are two weeks behind. Two weeks?? I am 23 days past the 90 days and they now say it will be two more weeks before they issue my permit. Guys, Virginia SUCKS!!! If you want a non resident CCW, I highly suggest you apply in Utah or some other state because Virginia gets your money then do not care how long it takes them to do what you paid them to do..
    I will post again with an update, probably next year when they do their job and issue my permit..

8. Quote Originally Posted by Kim56 View Post
    DAY 114~ NO PERMIT
    I called them at the number on the receipt. All they will tell me is that they are two weeks behind. Two weeks?? I am 23 days past the 90 days and they now say it will be two more weeks before they issue my permit. Guys, Virginia SUCKS!!! If you want a non resident CCW, I highly suggest you apply in Utah or some other state because Virginia gets your money then do not care how long it takes them to do what you paid them to do..
    I will post again with an update, probably next year when they do their job and issue my permit..
    Try to remember this is all necessary to keep criminals from carrying guns......right? Or is it to keep law abiding citizens from carrying guns?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
    72 days is unacceptable. In that time you and your family could be raped and killed a million times over.
    Only if you choose to be a victim and disarm untill your permission slip arived. In that event, it's your own fault.

Do the right thing and carry regardless. I have since highschool.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Try to remember this is all necessary to keep criminals from carrying guns......right? Or is it to keep law abiding citizens from carrying guns?
    Sometimes the only civil choice is to become a criminal.

11. 121 Days, start to finish

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Chances are they're not particularly concerned with keeping their word to out-of-staters. If they break their word, you can't vote to hold them accountable. You aren't likely to go there in person to file complaints etc., and even if you do they'll just say they're doing the best they can with overtime and personnel cutbacks, and dagnabbit, we try hard but we're only human blah blah blah.

Probably might as well just get comfy and wait. Stuff happens, and this time it's happening to you. Just roll with the punches.

Blues
    Well, after 121 days , start to finish, Virginia finally issued my CCP.. Those of you thinking it will be quick, forget it!! patient and good luck..

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast