Time it took to get my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit - Page 7
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Time it took to get my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit

1. Have not recived payment reciept.
    Sent 3-27-13
    Delivered 3-29-13

Has this happed to anyone else?
    How long did it take?

3. Packet sent December 28th by First Class (regular) snail mail.

Payment Received letter (dated January 13th) arrived here [correction] January 21st. [Postmark was January 15th]

Permit and approval letter (dated March 29th) arrived April 6th.

So there ya go.

4. 92 days from the day they got my money,,Update 62 days from mailbox to mailbox in Texas
    Last edited by Gunner4640; 05-29-2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: updated

5. Three weeks total for me and my wife. So easy it was almost scary to think of how many folks are doing it.

6. Since this has been a couple of months about the length of time if its changed or if anyone thinks it will change now with the new Governor in office

7. Quote Originally Posted by mspaugy View Post
    Three weeks total for me and my wife. So easy it was almost scary to think of how many folks are doing it.
    why is it scary? folks that want one get fingerprinted, submit ID and go through a background check. the only thing that is scary is how long it has taken in the past.

anyhow....i submitted my application october 9th and just got it in the mail today

8. Very nice, I've got to resubmit my application because I forgot to sign the damned cashiers check lol

9. Spoke with VSP today and was informed that nonresident concealed carry permits are now taking about 3 months. I thought I would at least let others know if they are curious

10. so about 8 weeks is the current turn around time

From application to receiving permit in the mail it took about four weeks. Not took bad. I dropped off the application and fee in person.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast