Time it took to get my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit - Page 8
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Time it took to get my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit

1. The issue date on mine was exactly a month from the time I filed the application. It however did take seven days for them to actually drop it in the mail (the postmark is seven days after issuance). Might have something to do with the spiffy new Loudoun permits (looks like the old driver's licenses, plastic with the "get your foot off my chest" state seal on it and everything).

3. I'm at 63 days from my receipt letter. That's 73 days from my mailbox send off. I'm in Texas and didn't think the wait was going to bug me, but I think it's the lack of information during the wait that is annoying. Seems like there would be some sort of status web page.

4. 71 days from payment receipt and still scratching the X marks on the calendar. I sent a polite email asking for an update on the status. Maybe I will get a reply during buisinesses hours tomorrow?

5. I sent my paperwork out around June 20th and all I got back is the payment receipt. I emailed them today so we'll see what they say.

6. received a response back today and the lady stated in the email that the permit should be issued within 90 days or less from the time of payment confirmation.

I was under the impression that is the permit isn't issued within 45 days then by law they have to send a temporary permit? I guess they only bring up the law when it's something that's in their favor.

7. Yeah it was definitely simpler than in Ohio where you have to do a weekend long course, shooting training, etc... I'm glad I found this loophole because it won't be around much if everyone starts doing it.

8. Yes last I heard Ohio accepts all non resident permits. Virginia's just happened to be most convenient because as you stated they only required an online training course certificate.

9. It's been 82 days now since my payment receipt. Nobody will talk to me until it reaches 90 days. I guess we'll see what the hold up is then...or it wil come in the next week.

10. Let me know if you receive yours anytime soon, I'm curious as to how long mine my take.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Philrozzi View Post
    Let me know if you receive yours anytime soon, I'm curious as to how long mine my take.
    I will post the progress. Hopefully, your experience will be more efficient than mine has been so far.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast