Time it took to get my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit - Page 9
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Time it took to get my Virginia Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permit

1. Quote Originally Posted by Philrozzi View Post
    Let me know if you receive yours anytime soon, I'm curious as to how long mine my take.
    Tomorrow is Monday and my 90 day waiting period is up. maybe someone will talk to me now.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Spenary View Post
    Tomorrow is Monday and my 90 day waiting period is up. maybe someone will talk to me now.
    My 90 day wait should be coming up to, I'll probably give them a call next week. You might already have this but I figured I'll give you the number a lady from the Virginia permit office gave me, 804-674-2210. Let me know if you get any results, if anything hopefully you calling will speed up their progress.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Philrozzi View Post
    received a response back today and the lady stated in the email that the permit should be issued within 90 days or less from the time of payment confirmation.

I was under the impression that is the permit isn't issued within 45 days then by law they have to send a temporary permit? I guess they only bring up the law when it's something that's in their favor.
    You're under the wrong impression. The 45 day defacto permit only applies to state residents. Frankly, treating out of state residents borders on violation of article 5, but nobody's successfully chaleneged that yet.

5. Quote Originally Posted by flyingron View Post
    You're under the wrong impression. The 45 day defacto permit only applies to state residents. Frankly, treating out of state residents borders on violation of article 5, but nobody's successfully chaleneged that yet.
    There is no 90 day deadline for the processing of a non-resident. The payment receipt gives 90 days as an "estimate" for processing. They did, however, look up my application because the 90 days had passed. The woman I spoke with told me she thought my permit was going out in the next mailing. I will update in a week or so, or if it shows up in the mail.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Spenary View Post
    There is no 90 day deadline for the processing of a non-resident. The payment receipt gives 90 days as an "estimate" for processing. They did, however, look up my application because the 90 days had passed. The woman I spoke with told me she thought my permit was going out in the next mailing. I will update in a week or so, or if it shows up in the mail.
    Great, thanks for the update.

7. O
    Quote Originally Posted by Philrozzi View Post
    Great, thanks for the update.
    Day 94 and the wife says there's something in the mail from the State Police. I'll be back home tomorrow to check it out.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Spenary View Post
    O

Day 94 and the wife says there's something in the mail from the State Police. I'll be back home tomorrow to check it out.
    Awesome! It has to be the permit.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Philrozzi View Post
    Awesome! It has to be the permit.
    And it was my permit. 94 days after receipt letter. 4 days after the agreed to look up my status. They must have mailed it just after I called.

10. Cool, I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what's up. I should be approaching the 90 day mark myself.

11. Thanks everybody for sharing your experiences with me. I got on this forum to see if I could get an idea of how long the wait would be on my permit processing. That spun off into discussions on the whole carrying experience. If I hadn't joined these forums, my first couple of days carrying would have been a lot less comfortable. I really appreciate the information on what to expect. The group here, as a whole, was pretty much dead on with their advice. Got some wacky, entertaining posts, too.
    Good Times.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast