This is going to be some bad press for CHP's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is going to be some bad press for CHP's

This is going to be some bad press for CHP's

Concealed weapons permits
    Getting a permit online without ever firing a gun. 10 On Your Side exposes the law - Thursday at 6pm.

Concealed Weapons Permits | WAVY.com

Wow, Im sure that law has been around for years and the Media is just now digging it up. "Getting one online without ever firing a gun" we all know as a CPL holder we all go to the range and fire our weapon, or does going infront of some person and shooting 30-60 rounds at a piece of paper count as "firing the gun safely"
    Tired of the Media kicking the legal gun owners in the pants. Tired of the Media peroid.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

I fail to see how this is a problem/bad press for us? New Hampshire resident and none resident are the same way no range or class time needed.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Yellow journalism!
    Virginia State Police - Resident Concealed Handgun Permits
    The court shall require proof that the applicant has demonstrated competence with a handgun and the applicant may demonstrate such competence by one of the following, but no applicant shall be required to submit to any additional demonstration of competence:

Completing any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries or a similar agency of another state;
    Completing any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
    Completing any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law-enforcement agency, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association or the Department of Criminal Justice Services;
    Completing any law-enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;
    Presenting evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or current military service or proof of an honorable discharge from any branch of the armed services;
    Obtaining or previously having held a license to carry a firearm in this Commonwealth or a locality thereof, unless such license has been revoked for cause;
    Completing any firearms training or safety course or class, including an electronic, video, or on-line course, conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association-certified firearms instructor;
    Completing any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualifying to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties; or
    Completing any other firearms training which the court deems adequate.
    A photocopy of a certificate of completion of any of the courses or classes; an affidavit from the instructor, school, club, organization, or group that conducted or taught such course or class attesting to the completion of the course or class by the applicant; or a copy of any document which shows completion of the course or class or evidences participation in firearms competition shall constitute evidence of qualification under this subsection.
    Beware the Fury of a patient man.

In most states you can openly carry a firearm w/ no permitting requirements what so ever. I don't see why I need a class to put a jacket on.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    I fail to see how this is a problem/bad press for us? New Hampshire resident and none resident are the same way no range or class time needed.

As well as PA.

When my wife took her class she never had to fire a shot. She did have to do some drills and display safe handling. But that was a class for LEO family members and I guess they figured that we would take care of that part of it. Hmmmm
    -Austin

Totally legal but is it safe?

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    They are saying that it's totally legal, but is it safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dog View Post
    They are saying that it's totally legal, but is it safe?
    How would it not be? Standing in front of a target and shooting maybe a hundred rounds on a none moving target under no stress(other then you must hit the target to pass). How does that help someone? My native state of Vermont lets anyone carry till you give them reasons to say other wise. Yet again I have never read/heard of anything remotely negative happening. So again I ask why would it not be safe?

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

The statement "Getting one online without ever firing a gun" is False. Just media hype. You go online to download the application. That's all you get online, only the application, NOT the Concealed Carry Permit.

You don't have to fire a gun to get a Concealed Carry application in Virginia (where this news video originates), nor any other State. But when you file your application (Virginia) you get printed, show proof of proficiency, ID, etc....

This is just like when they want to ban AR style rifles. The media shows you someone firing a M16 full auto; then they imply that you can go to any gun shop and buy one. Misleading the (gun ignorant) public, the difference between an auto and semi-auto rifle.

That TV News station should be called out on it, even letters written to the shows sponsors threatening a boycott of their products.
    Beware the Fury of a patient man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast