22 days for CCW renewal in Prince William County

Thread: 22 days for CCW renewal in Prince William County

22 days for CCW renewal in Prince William County

It took me a mere 22 days to get my CCW renewal in Prince William County. What are others from around the state seeing. BTW, this is my 2nd renewal.

Rick
    Bristow, VA
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

I'm at 34 days now with Prince George County, and it's still not here yet. I'm right in the middle of the 4 - 6 weeks that the court clerk quoted me when I dropped my paperwork off. Their 45 day window expires next Tuesday. We'll see how it goes. Normally it's not that hard to get the local Sheriff to sign off on it. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on timing due to the elections taking place last week.

edit: Oh, this is my initial application, not a renewal.
    Last edited by Shamandin; 11-14-2011 at 10:54 AM. Reason: additional information

Don't forget, If your CHP isn't approved (or rejected) on day 46 your application automatically becomes your CHP until they resolve it.

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging but I'm in Caroline county and it took exactly 7 days. I had accidentally let mine expire so I had to go through the whole process not a renewal I couldn't believe 7 days. My Girlfriend also got hers in exactly 7 days as well from Caroline county. I guess That's one advantage of small towns :)

Quote Originally Posted by stngray713 View Post
    I don't want to sound like I'm bragging but I'm in Caroline county and it took exactly 7 days. I had accidentally let mine expire so I had to go through the whole process not a renewal I couldn't believe 7 days. My Girlfriend also got hers in exactly 7 days as well from Caroline county. I guess That's one advantage of small towns :)
    Not bad, Henrico is right around the limit everytime

Prince george finally got mine to me today. One solid week before their drop dead date. So I get to save myself some time the week after thanksgiving. I don't have to go down and politely ask the clerks office if they know what's going on.

Despite waiting until near the end of the waiting period, this was a rather pain free process.