Utah permit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utah permit

Utah permit

Is there anyone conducting a Utah concealed weapons permit class in the Hampton Roads area sometime in the near future?

I can't answer your question...but depending on what states you are looking for coverage in...an AZ Permit can be had with a copy of your VA permit as proof of training...or just about any NRA class, or Hunter Safety etc...

Reciprocity is about equivalent.

Blog Entries
    Hit the Utah page and look up the list of approved instructors. There will be some contact info for one in your area. Call them and ask.
    Dave
    Founder,
    Rochester Personal Defense
    www.safeinrochester.com

Get one from Arizona. I just rec'd mine in the mail last week. All I had to do was send my NRA certificate, application, my fingerprints and the fee. I had my permit in hand in three weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkman2 View Post
    Is there anyone conducting a Utah concealed weapons permit class in the Hampton Roads area sometime in the near future?
    Take a vacation from the winter weather and come visit me in Hawaii. Excellent excuse for a "road trip". :-)
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Take a vacation from the winter weather and come visit me in Hawaii. Excellent excuse for a "road trip". :-)
    How the heck does one "drive" to Hawaii? Or was building a Chunnel to nowhere part of Obama's Shovel-ready projects?

Thanks for the info. I just sent a request to AZ for an application so we will see what happens next.

We usually run a few Utah permit class each year at the Bass Pro Shop in Hampton. We just did our last one for 2011 on November 12th. I haven't worked out any 2012 dates for Hampton yet.

We do offer it monthly though at the Bass Pro Shop in Ashland. You can visit our website to register.

10. I took the UT class back last March and got my UT permit in late April/early May. Knowing what I know now, I would have forgone that and sent my $65 to AZ along with a copy of my AL hunting safety class card. Better reciprocity and no $75 UT class fee - what's not to like?

Good luck.

I consider UT and AZ to be complimentary. Reciprocity is close...but AZ gives you NV, KS, and NM. UT gives you WA and MN. Then you need to see where your home state covers you as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast