Restaurant Ban - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Restaurant Ban

1. correct, in VA, any place with an ABC to "serve" alcohol for onsite consumption, you are required to carry open. I do it at some buffets (usually Chinese) and other places, and so far haven't had any issues, just had a worker question me and my friend as to why we were open carrying (of course they have no idea it's the law haha) and i had one patron at a buffet complain but i was like, oh well, sorry you don't want you child to see a responsible citizen being responsible :)

3. Quote Originally Posted by SouldustPro View Post
    Do I understand correctly from you guys that if I'm carrying concealed and eating in a Chili's I am in violation of the law? It seems that open carry would create a bigger issue.
    Thats whats so weird about Virginia. The more in-your-face method of carrying is preferred over the out-of-sight method. But then again little in the gun control agenda makes sense.

where can I find backing to carry open in VA?
    as I am out of state I like to make sure and be prepared...

I can find all concealed info but yet to find anything for Open carry.

It would be nice if all states would agree with Nevada on this one; I hate having to remember to check whether a place serves alcohol or not when I'm out of state.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

6. Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    Thats whats so weird about Virginia. The more in-your-face method of carrying is preferred over the out-of-sight method. But then again little in the gun control agenda makes sense.
    I think the intent of the law was to be able to instantly alert restaurant owners that someone is packing to give the staff the opportunity to tell the permit holder to either leave the premises or put the gun in the car. I think it was intended to discourage restaurant carry because of this.

I could be wrong, but what I think it is...You can OC in Virgina without a permit and places that serve alcohol were just never listed as an off-limits place. Then when VA passed the CCW law, they added places that serve alcohol to the list of off-limits places with a CCW. Sort of either forgetting about or ignoring that it was still legal to OC there.

Just like some states (not sure if VA is one or not) where OC is legal without a permit, you can OC at 18, but you have to be 21 to get a CCW.

Personally I think all 50 states should just go with the VT method...no permit at all for OC or CC.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

been there done it ... open and concealed, not a second look in my direction .... nice State.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12