Help With Va.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help With Va....

Quote Originally Posted by GHF View Post
    That is the date that laws take effect in Virginia. If the state legislators again approve, and the Governor just elected does what he has he will, it will be legal to carry concealed while being in establishments selling alcohol by the drink. Now you have go open, and you can drink.

The departing governor, Kaine, vetoed it the last time it came up. He moved on to be the Democratic National Chairman....
    ONE reason he was ousted!

From what I am seeing on other forums, the "restaurant carry" has been passed, awaiting McDonald's signature now. Will be nice NOT to disarm to go eat. One place I go does NOT sell alcohol. but has their license so groups can drink when they come in. Have never been there when these groups are there, but still couldn't CC.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    From what I am seeing on other forums, the "restaurant carry" has been passed, awaiting McDonald's signature now. Will be nice NOT to disarm to go eat. One place I go does NOT sell alcohol. but has their license so groups can drink when they come in. Have never been there when these groups are there, but still couldn't CC.
    Why would you have disarmed? I thought you guys were allowed to OC before the law comes into effect.

we do. I just don't usually OC any more. Don't go to that restaurant much any more either. Found one not too far away that has GREAT food (owner grows his own beef), good prices, and no ABC license. Got to the point that I don't like being around any drinking at all now. Not putting ANYBODY down that drinks, I just stay away from it.

I know this is an old post, but since the thread is still moving, I thought this should be addressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocBoCook View Post
    Actually, there are a few cities where there is a cap on magazine size. Get the gun laws guide for VA for specifics. I think Richmond is one of those cities. But the put it specific like no more than 20rds on concealed carry. etc...
    VA has statewide preemption. Local laws of this nature are invalid.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Signed this week! come on july 1st
    "When you care enough to send the best... Shoot a .45"

is there a reference for this? somewhere i can read exactly what is allowed and what isn't? I'm going to be taking a trip (after July 1st fortunately) to Virginia and would like to be up to speed on CC laws before I go.
    Never had to use my gun, never want to use my gun, will not hesitate to use my gun.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeler8 View Post
    is there a reference for this? somewhere i can read exactly what is allowed and what isn't? I'm going to be taking a trip (after July 1st fortunately) to Virginia and would like to be up to speed on CC laws before I go.

VA restaurant bill NRA story

The bill itself

Quote Originally Posted by xzeler8 View Post
    Handgunlaw.us or the VA AG or VSP sites

Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    I know this is an old post, but since the thread is still moving, I thought this should be addressed. VA has statewide preemption. Local laws of this nature are invalid.
    I was going to ask about pre emption. Good man Utimmer!!!2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12