How do you get your gun back from Wa. State police???

Thread: How do you get your gun back from Wa. State police???

Delete please

delete
    Last edited by spf159753; 07-19-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: delete

3. Don't get arrested.

Don't get arrested then you would not have the problem in the first place.

But really - get a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketboy View Post

Way to go you made him delete his post and go home. Thats what I get for being a late comer to the post. While your advice is good it does not help answer the question being asked.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Way to go you made him delete his post and go home. Thats what I get for being a late comer to the post. While your advice is good it does not help answer the question being asked.
    I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend, just sarcastic. I do find it a little... Silly that someone with such a problem would seek answers on a forum rather than consulting a lawyer.

Perhaps, my sarcasm was a bit rough but
    I did answer the persons question to the best of my ability/knowledge. I told him what I'd do, which is to get a lawyer. Heck, I bet just telling the police deprtment to expect a call from his lawyer would get them moving.

But really, I'd start with not getting arrested in the first place... Dangit there I go again. :)

Quote Originally Posted by rocketboy View Post

What the hell, man. You don't have to be doing something illegal to get arrested. Plenty of open carriers have been detained for legally carrying a firearm.

Also, not everyone can afford a lawyer. If i had my firearm confiscated by WSP, I'd check forums before spending money on a lawyer. You know why? Because it can be informative, and most of all: FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by spf159753 View Post
    Public defender was great.
    Truly, what an unusual occurrence. Good for you!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

9. Quote Originally Posted by Combat View Post
    What the hell, man. You don't have to be doing something illegal to get arrested. Plenty of open carriers have been detained for legally carrying a firearm.

Also, not everyone can afford a lawyer. If i had my firearm confiscated by WSP, I'd check forums before spending money on a lawyer. You know why? Because it can be informative, and most of all: FREE!
    I never said that the OP was guilty of anything. I made a sarcastic but very true statement that the first solution to his problem was to not have been arrested in the first place. I also gave him very good advice, to talk to a lawyer. In this great country of ours you can get one of those for FREE via a public defender (I know the're not the best but that's not really relevant to the discussion) so being able to afford one is not really an issue.

But the real issue is people need to get a sense of humor and learn to recognize sarcasm when they see it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by spf159753 View Post
    Charges dropped.
    I got gun back !!!
    Stuff happens. No lawyer needed, plus I can't afford one !!!
    I was Innocent anyways.
    I was in a bad situation, that got resolved. Not everyone who is arrested is guilty of a crime they are charged with.
    Public defender was great.
    Glad you got it resolved. I never said you were guilty, don't think that I implied you were either. I was being sarcastic.

Fact is that the innocent do get in trouble and in my opinion it's best not to rely on forums for legal advice... in the end you did talk to a lawyer who got it resolved for you so guess my advice was not so bad after all.