Hey Washington state members,
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Hey Washington state members,

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,668

    Hey Washington state members,

    how about telling your AG to reconsider cutting off the Florida CCW reciprocity. If not, Florida will have to ban yours too. NRA-ILA | WA Attorney General takes action against Florida Gun Owners
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

  2.   
  3. #2
    The lib-o-rats do love to limit us, don't they!

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Creswell, Oregon
    Posts
    3,865
    Maybe they want to be more like Oregon. Oregon doesn't accept any state.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

  5. Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Maybe they want to be more like Oregon. Oregon doesn't accept any state.

    This is one of the reason that I went to get mines for Oregon, but it seem like that numbers is getting smaller and smaller.

  6. #5

    Hey Washington state members,

    I'm all for supporting veterans, being one myself but Florida's legislation doesn't make much sense to me. 90% of veterans under the age of 21 don't receive any kind of pistol training in the military. Unless required for you MOS (MP, Armorer, etc.) most service personnel don't pistol qualify until they reach staff grade, long after they're 21. Now if their DD214 lists pistol training I'm all for it.

    In addition, it's unfortunate, but I don't see how the AG had any choice. It's illegal under WA state law for anyone under 21 to possess a loaded handgun in public unless engaged in sporting activities like hunting or target shooting. Until our legislature changes that law, how could they let a 19 year old FL resident carry in WA but not a 19 year old WA resident? You have to follow the laws of the state you're carrying in not the issuing state for the permit.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,668
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I'm all for supporting veterans, being one myself but Florida's legislation doesn't make much sense to me. 90% of veterans under the age of 21 don't receive any kind of pistol training in the military. Unless required for you MOS (MP, Armorer, etc.) most service personnel don't pistol qualify until they reach staff grade, long after they're 21. Now if their DD214 lists pistol training I'm all for it.

    In addition, it's unfortunate, but I don't see how the AG had any choice. It's illegal under WA state law for anyone under 21 to possess a loaded handgun in public unless engaged in sporting activities like hunting or target shooting. Until our legislature changes that law, how could they let a 19 year old FL resident carry in WA but not a 19 year old WA resident? You have to follow the laws of the state you're carrying in not the issuing state for the permit.
    But they do receive firearms training in most cases.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    how about telling your AG to reconsider cutting off the Florida CCW reciprocity. If not, Florida will have to ban yours too. NRA-ILA | WA Attorney General takes action against Florida Gun Owners
    Please go to my post #10 for your answer. http://www.usacarry.com/forums/conce...ila-alert.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast