Why does Washington not have reciprocity with Oregon? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: Why does Washington not have reciprocity with Oregon?

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Nick Burkhardt View Post
    Yes I have. Oregon, while being an overall free state, will not honor any other states permits because they "want control over the educational requirements for who are issued a CHL".
    That's right... we wouldn't want those untrained barbarians from Washington pouring over the border and shooting Oregon full of holes! The blood would just run in the streets if they allowed that!

    (that was sarcasm)
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  2.   
  3. #22
    Here in NC we recognize everyone's permit regardless of whether or not they recognize ours.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Pir8fan View Post
    Here in NC we recognize everyone's permit regardless of whether or not they recognize ours.
    and there are actually "pro-gun" and "pro-2A" people that will have heartburn over that. "Why should we recognize state X permit when they don't recognize ours?" And my reply is, "Why should you punish the resident of state X who has little ability to change state X laws. It's not the individual person's fault that state Y permit is not recognized in state X".
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Pir8fan View Post
    Here in NC we recognize everyone's permit regardless of whether or not they recognize ours.
    It would be nice if all states adopted NC's CCL reciprocity laws which would make traveling across this country much less confusing and safer. I don't imagine that the 50 state legislatures could ever come together and agree on a mutual reciprocity as NC's has already done! I know Washington has some left leaning politicians that would shread the 2nd Amendment if they had their way so making it easier to carry is not their goal in life!

  6. The politicians think we are just going to cross state lines and start shooting up the place. They don't stop to realize all the hoops we have to jump through to get the license in the first place. I'm in Mass and there are mandatory prison terms for gun possession, but I never see anyone go away for it. I don't think it's ever enforced.
    Reciprocity was voted on and it did not pass by 3 votes, they had 57 and needed 60. It was a sad day.

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Burkhardt View Post
    Yes I have. Oregon, while being an overall free state, will not honor any other states permits because they "want control over the educational requirements for who are issued a CHL". This is a poor argument because many states have greater requirements than Oregon, so it comes down to "We want the money and/or the final say."

    Washington says "since Oregon does not accept our license, we won't accept theirs"
    Well you have a point, No required class for Washington CPL as opposed to a attending a approved class, showing proof of that class when applying for a Oregon CHL. You are also probably right about the money... I imagine there is quite a cash flow for CPL's,CHL's, CFP's and what ever they call their licenses per states... No wonder the states can't agree on reciprocity they can't agree on what to call their licenses! :)

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    59
    The simple fact is that the politicians want as few guns in the state as possible. And as few carried in the state as possible. And so they go out of their way to make it difficult. It doesn't matter what you and I want.

    Oregon's law states that they will honor any state whose handgun license procedure is at least as stringent as ours. Many states require a basic safety class, and several require you to demonstrate proficiency. Yet Oregon recognizes NO other state's handgun license. None. Nada. Because the others are somehow less? Nope, because Oregon's legislature is run by anti-2A scumbags.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by iKarith View Post
    Oregon's law states that they will honor any state whose handgun license procedure is at least as stringent as ours.
    You are mistaken. There is no such provision in Oregon state law.

    http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/166.html
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by iKarith View Post
    The simple fact is that the politicians want as few guns in the state as possible. And as few carried in the state as possible. And so they go out of their way to make it difficult. It doesn't matter what you and I want.

    Oregon's law states that they will honor any state whose handgun license procedure is at least as stringent as ours. Many states require a basic safety class, and several require you to demonstrate proficiency. Yet Oregon recognizes NO other state's handgun license. None. Nada. Because the others are somehow less? Nope, because Oregon's legislature is run by anti-2A scumbags.
    Besides the reciprocity issue, Oregon is one of the best places to own firearms. SBR, SBS, suppressor, full auto, open carry, shall issue, all legal in Oregon. Not sure where the anti 2A comes in...
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Besides the reciprocity issue, Oregon is one of the best places to own firearms. SBR, SBS, suppressor, full auto, open carry, shall issue, all legal in Oregon. Not sure where the anti 2A comes in...
    Where else? Portland and Eugene. :)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast