Requirements to get Silencer for rifle/pistol.

Thread: Requirements to get Silencer for rifle/pistol.

1. Requirements to get Silencer for rifle/pistol.

What steps are needed to get a silencer for a pistol/rifle within Washington, Seattle area.
    Thanks

http://www.silencershop.com/support/...uy-a-silencer/

I suggest the trust, option 1 of that link.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

4. I knew you still need a tax stamp. Someone tried to tell me WA didnt need tax stamp. I guess he would find out if ATF stopped by to see if had one

From a Class III dealer you will have to have a Background Investigation completed by your local police department. After you pass your Initial Interview as to why you will need a silencer, they will do a Fingerprint Card up on you which will go to the FBI to be approved and be filed both by your local PD and the FBI. You'll have to pay for a tax stamp, not sure what a silencer runs, fee wise, but past Class III purchases I've made ran anywhere from $5 to $200 (these were what I paid in the 1980s). The ATF website - might be able to answer your questions: Search Results | ATF.
    Otherwise the link that was shared by another member is a good resource. Finding a Class III dealer in your state is the best way to go. When I was living in Mobile, AL, I found one nearby across the Bay who had a great store and was free with information.
    Michael
    USCG (Ret.)
    Distinguished NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    I knew you still need a tax stamp. Someone tried to tell me WA didnt need tax stamp. I guess he would find out if ATF stopped by to see if had one
    A dealer does not release a silencer to a buyer without the proper paperwork, including paying the $200 fee. Understand that you will have to wait 6-12 months to get your hands on the silencer: ATF Wait Times

Check your state and local laws. Some places do not allow silencers under any circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    What steps are needed to get a silencer for a pistol/rifle within Washington, Seattle area.
    Thanks
    There's nothing special in Washington State law.....you just have to jump through the Federal hoops:
    RCW 9.41.250: Dangerous weapons?Penalty.

RCW 9.41.250
    Dangerous weapons—Penalty.

(1) Every person who:
    (a) Manufactures, sells, or disposes of or possesses any instrument or weapon of the kind usually known as slung shot, sand club, or metal knuckles, or spring blade knife;
    (b) Furtively carries with intent to conceal any dagger, dirk, pistol, or other dangerous weapon; or
    (c) Uses any contrivance or device for suppressing the noise of any firearm unless the suppressor is legally registered and possessed in accordance with federal law,
    is guilty of a gross misdemeanor punishable under chapter 9A.20 RCW.

(2) "Spring blade knife" means any knife, including a prototype, model, or other sample, with a blade that is automatically released by a spring mechanism or other mechanical device, or any knife having a blade which opens, or falls, or is ejected into position by the force of gravity, or by an outward, downward, or centrifugal thrust or movement. A knife that contains a spring, detent, or other mechanism designed to create a bias toward closure of the blade and that requires physical exertion applied to the blade by hand, wrist, or arm to overcome the bias toward closure to assist in opening the knife is not a spring blade knife.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quit the bickering. If you have nothing to add to a thread, don't post.