Weapons cache stuns agents!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapons cache stuns agents!

Lightbulb Weapons cache stuns agents!

Who says we ain't got some Washington state fellas who pack heavy?
    A 65-year-old Spokane man has been ordered held in custody on federal charges of illegally possessing automatic weapons and illegally storing explosives in a Bellevue commercial storage shed while agents investigate how he came to possess a huge military-grade arsenal that included grenade launchers, machine guns and plastic explosives.
    Ronald Struve, heavyset and bearded, appeared in Seattle before U.S. Magistrate Judge Mary Alice Theiler on Tuesday after being extradited from Spokane, where he was arrested Jan. 7 during a raid by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF).
    In four searches in Bellevue and Spokane, agents seized 37 machine guns, 12 silencers, two grenade launchers, more than 60 high-explosive grenades, several pounds of military-grade C-4 plastic explosives and thousands of rounds of ammunition. [Blows me away 2 put it mildly!] (link to full story below)
    Local News | Weapons cache stuns agents | Seattle Times Newspaper
    A well regulated Militia of one I guess!

Canis-Lupus

heavyset and bearded
    Well I guess that makes him a real threat. All us heavyseat bearded guys better watch out.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

He was just being prepared. Not sure for what but he was ready.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

“The rights of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” Does not say “Firearms”, it does not say “modern arms” (for those times) – it says “arms”, the dictionary definition of which is, “any weapon”!
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Unfortunately WA is not a class III/NFA State so they were illegal at the State level even if he had ATF tax stamps for everything; short barreled rifles and shotguns are illegal there too. That's why I will not live there. I will only live in a class III/NFA legal States.

As much as I would have drooled over acquiring the contents of that storage unit I would have called ATF myself to report it, it's not worth being in Leavenworth for the remainder of your life over if you're made. I would have asked the agents if anything is legally registered and transferable in accordance to NFA if I have possible claim to it and would have lined up a class 3 FFL really quickly to help me with the find.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

7. Quote Originally Posted by redboneshadow View Post
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

“The rights of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” Does not say “Firearms”, it does not say “modern arms” (for those times) – it says “arms”, the dictionary definition of which is, “any weapon”!
    This interpretation of the 2nd will come under fire during the Obama reign. He will probably be appointing at least one supreme court justice to the high court. Heller won by 5-4 a very slim margin. With one new justice with anti gun sentiments, could easily change interpretation from an individual right to a right of the states, under this each state will have the right to interpret what exactly constitutes a militia.

gpbarth Guest
    Now, THAT'S my kind of patriot! I was drooling just reading the inventory description. Believe me, if I had unlimited funds (c'mon, FL lottery!), I might not have grenades and RPGs, but I'd have several automatic weapons, including shotguns and maybe a belt-fed or two, and some AK's and M-16s, and a whole wall full of handguns.

That's quite an impressive inventory. Anyone care to guess where he'll be spending his golden years?
    Last edited by Washington Prepper; 01-27-2009 at 11:30 PM.
    SINCE WHEN IS IT EXTREME TO SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION?
    THE AMERICAN FLAG SHOULD BE ALLOWED EVERY WHERE IN THE UNITED STATES!!!!
    Stand With Arizona (and Against Illegal Immigration)

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    Unfortunately WA is not a class III/NFA State so they were illegal at the State level even if he had ATF tax stamps for everything; short barreled rifles and shotguns are illegal there too. That's why I will not live there. I will only live in a class III/NFA legal States.
    I don't know what you consider a 'short barreled' shotgun but 18" barrels are legal here in WA.
    SINCE WHEN IS IT EXTREME TO SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION?
    THE AMERICAN FLAG SHOULD BE ALLOWED EVERY WHERE IN THE UNITED STATES!!!!
    Stand With Arizona (and Against Illegal Immigration)

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepWaters View Post
    I don't know what you consider a 'short barreled' shotgun but 18" barrels are legal here in WA.
    Short barreled shotgun:
    Attachment 312

OVER ALL length is 16.5 inches! 2+1 capacity
    Last edited by wolfhunter; 01-27-2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: corrected length

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast