Wal-Mart local no CC nothin in Spokane, WA. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart local no CC nothin in Spokane, WA.

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    Oh and BTW I have yet to go into a Dennys in WA that does not serve alcohol, has a state liquor license # on the door to the lounge in the back, or off to the side (the part where the kids can't go to eat), sells booze & cigarettes but no inside smoking (18 and over sales by carding for smokes) most have a full service lounges in a separate section with a door between them, hard liquor, cocktails, to wine to beer and Happy Hours for anyone over 21 with the right I.D., shame I don't drink alcohol and haven't in a decade.
    None of the Denny's in Vegas or Arizona have liquor licenses. I would think if any Denny's would have a liquor license it would be the ones in Nevada, particularly Vegas since liquor is easier to get here than water. WA liquor laws are not too different from UT's as you have State run liquor stores. My information with regards to Denny's comes from a manager who informed me that none of the Denny's maintain liquor licenses. This is not to say they don't a business that they share the property with or an adjacent lounge that does serve alcohol. Denny's does make quite a bit of business from people who decide to have an early morning breakfast from people who are sobering up from a night of drinking.
    Do you ever tell your students about packing under the influence of even Motrin or even OTC Cough Medicines (see side effects and look for ones that disqualify packing any weapon!) or just give them the 10-cent booze CCW laws?
    I use the same abstract yardstick that works nationwide. If it's something you can get arrested for DUI for it will affect the merits of a justifiable homicide case or simple lawful CCW. That's common sense. Keep in mind that most States only codify the BAC for possession of a firearm under the influence.
    Training? Only a decade since I got out of 20 years of carrying a lot more full-auto fire-power than any citizen (not cop or security) in this nation legally carries or uses/trains with on a very regular basis, does that count? Plus I train here every few months when the mood grabs me inside a safe modern indoor pistol range.
    Being able to handle that fire power does not mean you know when and where it is legal to carry a concealable firearm.
    Your premise about don't ask and hope no one notices works fine, lets say I try that very dumb stunt next time I drive onto Fairchild Air Force Base while packing, 10 miles away, sure I may get lucky, and do what with a gun I am not even allowed to use or have on the base, use a gun on Federal grounds where my WA CCW weapon permit has no jurisdiction and face major felony charges if I get to be one of the unlucky 1 in 20 or 50 (depending on the threat level posted at the main gates) that the S.P.'s DO pull over and do a very thorough search on me and my vehicle too. Is that what you teach your students?
    I tell my students know the law, don't ask, don't tell. It's in my signature. I also inform my students of the caveats of carrying on Indian Reservations. They can confiscate your firearm and quite possibly your motor vehicle. It will literally take an act of Congress to get them back as you can not sue an Indian Reservation without Congressional approval. Obviously you can't carry on a military installation without approval of the Base Commander or Provost Marshall. I tell them if you do not have the approval of one of those two do not carry into a military installation. If you frequent military bases, know the policy of that individual base which from what I have heard varies greatly.
    My last post into this thread and hopefully we can close this 2-party chat for ever,
    I am out of bouncing posts off your national standards with my WA city, county and state ones. Please spend your time out side of the WA State forum this is a matter of a more popular topic large forum I have no need to debate this on, or I would have posted it there under 2nd Amendment Rights or Off Topic (working dogs yeah)!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All of my posts with respect to this topic have been with respect to the laws that apply in WA State.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

3. Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    None of the Denny's in Vegas or Arizona have liquor licenses. I would think if any Denny's would have a liquor license it would be the ones in Nevada, particularly Vegas since liquor is easier to get here than water. WA liquor laws are not too different from UT's as you have State run liquor stores. My information with regards to Denny's comes from a manager who informed me that none of the Denny's maintain liquor licenses. This is not to say they don't a business that they share the property with or an adjacent lounge that does serve alcohol. Denny's does make quite a bit of business from people who decide to have an early morning breakfast from people who are sobering up from a night of drinking.
    Tell your Denny's mamager he has his head up his ass, I have personally had a beer at 2 of the Denny's in AZ and in Henderson NV. The Denny's in East Flagstaff serves beer and wine, the one in Williams even has a complete bar. It is a personal choice for that Denny's owner.

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    Tell your Denny's mamager he has his head up his ass, I have personally had a beer at 2 of the Denny's in AZ and in Henderson NV. The Denny's in East Flagstaff serves beer and wine, the one in Williams even has a complete bar. It is a personal choice for that Denny's owner.
    Hmm would you mind explaining to me why the two Denny's I called that have active Henderson business licenses stated they do not have liquor licenses? Denny's at one time did have liquor licenses at one time at the descretion of the individual franchise manager or owner but it's standard practice they don't especially the corporate locations. The former Denny's location at Pecos & Russell Roads between my home and the airport never had one either.

Sure it wasn't the Blueberry Hill on Green Valley Pkwy and Sunset Rd across from a Marriott and by the Green Valley Public Library? They do have a 24 hr lounge, serve alcohol and have a gaming license. People do tend to get the Denny's, IHOP, etc.and those types of restaurants confused.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

5. I don't know. For me, I just carry my gun where it's legal to do so. Why should I have to ask any store owner/manager whoever if they "mind" if I carry in their store or restaurant. If I am legal to carry, I just carry. If they want to say something to me about it, let them. If they have heartburn about people lawfully carrying in their establishment, let them post the signs. I am not about to ask every dang manager or shop owner before I go in to their store if they mind if I carry.

What about shift change? What if the day shift manager has a heartache over people carrying guns, but the night shift manager does not? Do you ask each shift's managers?

Huh

Seems to be alot of pissing matches going on......Well I go to Air Way Heights or (Ghetto Heights) Wal-Mart all the time and I carry! Oh by the way they still sell ammo $14.95 for a box of CCI blazer Brass 45 ACP for you people that are interested.Just no weapons. Have to go to Wal-Mart on Wellsley for that.

Here is a couple of files on Walmart that should clear up and misunderstandings. There are also contact numbers. I am about to open a can of worms with my next comment " I OpenCarry" 99% of the time here in Washington. When I OC I expect to be questioned but when I do CC.. It's my business and no one else. Read up on the RCW's know them. You will always be legal.

RCW 9.41.270
    RCW 9.41.290
    RCW 9.41.300

http://download.rbn.com/rbn/bill/dow...olicy_Call.mp3

http://download.rbn.com/rbn/bill/dow...ns/walmart.pdf

I've been to all the Wallys in Spokane, the Valley and across the border in Idaho. I always CC. I've never been denied access to any of them, but I also don't advertise my CWP.

If you give someone information you give them more power to act. I prefer my carry status to remain unknown, but that's just my personal feeling. But going up to a store employee and announcing you are CCing? What's the point of Concealed Carry then? Why not just OC?

Concealed means concealed, it doesn't mean kiss and tell. Even if your Wal-Mart has a sign, the most they can do is ask you to leave if they find out your carrying concealed. We have the same issue over here in my area at the local hospital, where they have posted signs. It is not a state violation, and if they spot it they can ask you to leave. No more, no less.

Don't create problems for your other conceal carry holders in your state.
    JB
    "Active Member Of My Neighborhood Watch Pistol Team"
    Montana Gun Owners

The only alcohol and carry restrictions under RCW is that one cannot carry into any place the liquor control board has said is off-limits to those under 21.

Wife and I take the kids to places that serve liquor, I carry legally, and we simple don't go into the bar/lounge area. They have to post signs in those areas. No One Under 21.

RCW 9.41.300: Weapons prohibited in certain places ? Local laws and ordinances ? Exceptions ? Penalty.

(1) It is unlawful for any person to enter the following places when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a weapon:
    (d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age;
    Ken Grubb
    Puyallup, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    WHAT PEOPLE DON'T KNOW WON'T EVER HURT OR ALARM THEM
    That has got to be one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever seen posted to USA Carry.
    Then you should know that carrying into a place with signs saying "No Guns Allowed", unless there's a restriction under state or federal law, isn't a crime to carry in there without telling anyone.
    Ken Grubb
    Puyallup, WA

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast