Wal-Mart local no CC nothin in Spokane, WA. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wal-Mart local no CC nothin in Spokane, WA.

And BTW it's a question I ask often if I don't know in many places I visit for the 1st time and 90% say "No problems, just keep it hidden." Where they know me well and know I pack it's not an issue. The others who say "No CCW's" I don't frequent.
    An owner of a business can allow you to carry in his business regardless of what he has posted if he knows you. You are not required to have a permit to carry concealed in your friends' business with his permission. Therefore, it kind of defeats the purpose of getting the CCW where you know the owner.

As far as what Netentity is stating, it seemed pretty sound. I also didn't read anything where he said to carry on Federal property where all CCW is not allowed - wasn't quite sure how that got out there. But when state legislatures first started entertaining the idea of their citizens being able to carry, they all agreed that it should be concealed for many reasons. Mainly was so that the CCW would be unknown to the public and would not incite panic. The CCW holder would also be less of a target for theft/mugging if the firearm remains hidden/unknown. The CCW holder is less likely to be challenged to violent encounters if it is unknown he is armed. Every time you notify someone that you don't have to that you are armed, not only can that person provide a danger or notify others if he has criminal contacts (not all door greeters at Wal-Mart are of the highest caliber), but you could also be overheard by someone that wants to rob you. What if the denial to enter is just so his gang buddies can jump you in the parking lot? Yeah, I know, just a paranoid what-if, but it's another issue of "if everyone had just stayed silent and followed the law, everyone would be happy."

Knowing the law in your state is extremely important, at least as important as knowing how to hide and fire your weapon. As for me, only me, my wife, and the occasional LEO I cross paths with will ever know I'm armed, and I will NOT be carrying in any hospitals or Federal buildings.
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

3. I think the OP is a troll. Just saying.
    Concealed is concealed.
    When you received your CPL you should have read the pamphlet to understand the laws.
    In WA you can legally carry in ANY public building excluding some government buildings, schools and places that do not allow minors (under 21) into the premises. If someone under 21 can enter a restaurant, you can carry their. You cannot however enter the bar section since minors can't be there.

I'll stop feeding the troll now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher10 View Post
    I think the OP is a troll. Just saying.
    Concealed is concealed.
    When you received your CPL you should have read the pamphlet to understand the laws.
    In WA you can legally carry in ANY public building excluding some government buildings, schools and places that do not allow minors (under 21) into the premises. If someone under 21 can enter a restaurant, you can carry their. You cannot however enter the bar section since minors can't be there.

I'll stop feeding the troll now.
    Is this true? Red Robin, Olive Garden, PF Chang's, Famous Daves all have bars in their restaurant. I carry everywhere, and have sat in their bar area when they were very full, since it is a first come first serve. If this is illegal I will have to figure something out (never had any issues so far). I thought you could not carry only if the establishment made 51% or more of its profits on alcohol sales, where as all those restaurants do not make 51% on alcohol sales. NavyLCDR I request your law knowledge!

5. The way I see it, if there's no sign, it's okay until told otherwise by an employee. I won't seek out an employee to ask, though.

Washington law says private businesses may bar CC, but they have to tell you, not the other way around. A sign is the simplest way. You have no duty to ask.

A private business is *NOT* "public". The law differentiates completely between "public" places and "private" places. A business may be "open to the public" but it is not "a public place". A private business may bar anyone from entering for nearly any reason (certain civil rights laws obviously limit certain discrimination methods.) That business doesn't like your blue baseball cap? You're out. If they put a sign stating such on their door, and you walk in, you are agreeing to the terms posted. By entering with a blue hat, you are purposefully violating their conditions for entering their business.

I assume you would want visitors to your home to obey your requirements for entry, regardless of what they might be. For example, maybe you have kids and a fairly "conventional" world view, and a male friend comes in wearing nothing but a G-string. You're fully within your rights to get pissed off at him and refuse him entry. Other people have the same feelings about guns. My sister is one of them. When my grandmother gave me my grandfather's 1940s-era shotgun for Christmas a few years ago, my sister left the room as soon as she figured out what was in the case, until I put it in my car. Which is exceptionally stupid because at the time, she dealt with police officers all day.

Now, I avoid Wal-Mart for other reasons, but I also make a point of avoiding businesses that have signs up barring potential customers because of arbitrary, non-safety-related reasons. I can understand "no masks or non-prescription sunglasses" at a bank. "No firearms" at a Wal-Mart? Goofy.

As someone else has written on a similar thread before "Why give our hard earned money to idiots who dont want us in their store?"

Edit: Wow, somehow when I started replying, I didn't notice how old and long this thread was... I think I'll have to go read the whole thread now and hope I don't have something completely different to say.....

OMG! You should know that 99% of walmart managers are pin-headed morons. They don't give a crap about our personal safety they only care about their job security. Of course they will say no. There have been stabbings and other assaults in our local store. I have and will continue to carry concealed in walmart stores in this state anyway. The state gave me a license to and I won't let some college drop out tell me different. I stay within the states guide lines and if I see a area posted no to guns then I avoid that area altogether. Post #4 sums it up so well "know the law; don't ask, don't tell. If you ask, the answer will 99% of the time be no. If you're concealing effectively they will not know."
    SINCE WHEN IS IT EXTREME TO SUPPORT THE CONSTITUTION?
    THE AMERICAN FLAG SHOULD BE ALLOWED EVERY WHERE IN THE UNITED STATES!!!!
    Stand With Arizona (and Against Illegal Immigration)

7. I don't believe this guy for a moment.

I can't imagine anyone asking for permission to carry. (That's what the permit is for).

The truth is: if I were a Merchant and I was asked by someone if they could carry on my property I'd say no too. Because I'd just assume they were craaaaazy. And I wouldn't want to face any liability.

You know the type. They always pat their hip where the pistol is and they always fluff their jacket to flash it in public.

I guess they just need validation.

I avoid these kind of people like the plague.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345