Non Resident Carry Permits - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Non Resident Carry Permits

1. I thought that unlicensed open carry is legal in WV. In that case, all you have to do is expose your weapon or put it on the seat, no? Then cover it up when you get to a state where your permit is honered.

Wink

I thought that unlicensed open carry is legal in WV. In that case, all you have to do is expose your weapon or put it on the seat, no? Then cover it up when you get to a state where your permit is honered.
    aHHHHH!!! put it on your hip!

One week and I will be in WV .... shame I can't leagaly carry in WV ...
    I wish SC would get its top out of it's bottom ....

You can open carry you know??

I'm not sure how comfortable you would be doing it, but West Virginia does allow unlicensed open carry, both on foot and in vehicles. At least being able to carry openly is better than not being able to carry at all. Just be sure that you get yourself a retention belt holster for your weapon.

Hi Tatt,

I live 15 mins from WV, 10 mins from PA, and 20 mins from VA, and am an MD resident. I want you to read the article im posting from my local news paper, and everyone else as far as WV is concearned.

The Herald-Mail

"What protection do you need in a government process?" Roper asked.

Under West Virginia law, anyone can carry a gun if it is exposed, Roper said. Concealed weapons can be carried, but officials must approve of permits to have them.
    Last edited by createdeemcee; 07-15-2008 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by createdeemcee View Post
    You can open carry you know??
    Even if not a resedent?

Even if not a resedent?
    Hi Mopar!

If you didnt notice the visiting representitive in the article is from VA, not WVA. So ofcourse, I wear mine right on the hip while I visit in WV.

Quote Originally Posted by createdeemcee View Post
    Hi Mopar!

If you didnt notice the visiting representitive in the article is from VA, not WVA. So ofcourse, I wear mine right on the hip while I visit in WV.
    I would ask twenty more times and beg for it in writting... lol
    Sad to say It sounds a bit risky ... any idea about the feel of the people in
    the Cottageville WV Area?

I understand, But youve seen what just occurred at that meeting in the article. I wear mine everyday when I go to WV, as does my father who talks to wv troopers daily with his on his hip. I can assure you that you will be safe. Contact ther local law enforcemet agency and see what they say. The Law in WV is what it is, the only thing you cant do is conceal bud.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast