Non Resident Carry Permits
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Non Resident Carry Permits

1. Non Resident Carry Permits

Can anyone give me some information on Non Resident Carry Permits for West Virginia? My Father in Law was a long time resident of Richwood, he travels there often and would like to obtain a Carry Permit for WV. If anyone can help me get the information I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for any and all assistances.

I don't believe WV issues non-resident permits

that is my understanding

What is his state of residence? Perhaps WV honors their permit. Check out the interactive map on this site: http://www.usacarry.com/index.php/in...rmit-maps.html.
    Last edited by HowardCohodas; 03-27-2008 at 04:28 PM.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

SC

They will not let me(SC) carry in WV.

7. Non Resident Permit

I reside in Delaware. WV does ot honor our permits. I am trying to find out from our AG if we meet the standards of WV for reciprocity. however in the mean time i am trying to find out if WV issues Non Resident Permits?

Temporary!

Hello Guys,

I am a resident of MD, who live 5 mins from WV, I have a friend who is a part time sherrif's deputy there, and hes also a full time FEMA officer who can carry nation wide. My father also works in WV, delivering Pharmaceutical's to Appilachia'n areas to people who cannot access them which makes him a target. So he does carry. We questioned my buddy about our VA non res permits having reprocity in WV. He said that the WV reciproty bill has expired at the end of July last summer, he said that legislators are currently working on fixing the bill and will be reinstated by the begining of summer. This even includes open carry which traditionally WV has always respected from every state. He told me that I should still open carry there, but the onlything that would alarm a policeman would be my MD tags on my car, he said that most officers dont even know that the bill expired so they wouldnt even mind. Just hang in there guys WV will be open to all again shortly.

Create :60:

SC

so would this be of any help to a SC resident? or only if I got an out of state Virginia lisc.?

Quote Originally Posted by 340mopar View Post
    They will not let me(SC) carry in WV.
    Take heart that an agreement between SC and WV is being worked on now and should be announced shortly. One of the holdups is what is going to happen with H. 3212 but if it doesn't pass then this is next on the list for both states.

SC

that would be nice. Sadly my first trip to WV will be in the next month or so...
    I can carry all the way to the WV line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast