How common is open carry really? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How common is open carry really?

Yes, opencarry.org, that is where I am seeing more activity on open carry updates, discussions on people having success or getting stopped.

May hear from different people here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannan View Post
    Thanks Father-of-three. I had an interview in PA, outside NE Philly two weeks ago that did not move forward. I read up on some more.

Open Carry is allowed in PA, and people can get licensed for concealed carry. There are some location limits on open carry.

Thanks.
    By law in Pennsylvania, open carry is not prohibited by law, nor is there a specific law allowing for it, which tends to be contraversial in my opinion. I have seen a posting on this site by a person in central Pennsylvania that often open carries, but I am very leery of doing that, especially anywhere near Philadelphia. In my observations, it does not appear to be accepted practice in Pennsylvania.

Right Father-of-three, there are limits in some areas of PA where you cannot open carry, "cities of First Class". such as Philadelphia.

PA is one state that is easier to get concealed carry.

I open carry occasionally. Mainly just when I go to like Wal-Mart. Otherwise I'm not really out that often. Or if its for something quick, I don't take the time to holster up because we cannot carry in our vehicles, so it's just a pain. We also can't carry in any place that serves alcohol for consumption (restaurants and bars), so most of the places I would eat serve alcohol.

There's quite a few people that open carry. I've yet to run into anyone else while I'm out grocery shopping or anything, but one of these days!

I've been OCing for about a year now. I haven't had anyone say anything about my gun yet. Only a few people noticed and seemed surprised. Otherwise most don't even notice.

Thanks Logan. Good information.

Also seems to me to probably be easier in good weather I'm assuming since you have to load, unload outside your vehicle.

Will be interesting the day you come across someone OCing.

A member (from WI) by the SN "Hardballer" OCs every day, everywhere (within the law, of course). If I recall correctly, the only negative reaction he has ever had was with his neighbor. Go figure.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Utimmer43.

Interesting. I think I recall that you can conceal carry in WI on your own property but if you open carry everywhere you might just open carry on your own property.

Age old story, you can't always pick your neighbors. Remember about the guy that was mad at his neighbor for the same reason somewhere and he put a sign in the yard saying the neighbor was unarmed in case burglars were around.

Update, been in WI five weeks, stayed in Janesville and worked in Beloit. Been driving all around east of each.

Saw one person so far, and it was in my hotel and he was from TX on a business trip.

I was out of state last weekend and I think there was an open carry rally in Janesville.

Still have my eyes open for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannan View Post
    Update, been in WI five weeks, stayed in Janesville and worked in Beloit. Been driving all around east of each.

Saw one person so far, and it was in my hotel and he was from TX on a business trip.

I was out of state last weekend and I think there was an open carry rally in Janesville.

Still have my eyes open for it.
    You are right on the border with the peoples republic of IL. Careful you don't OC over there, we will not be seeing you for some time.
    I have lived here in MN for some time. CC and OC have been legal here for about 8 years. In that time, I have yet to see anyone OC anywhere but the woods. I OC or CC while deer hunting. Just a J-frame, in case of rabid people
    I have seen OC once in Arizona, and it was good for a few laughs.
    This is not the thread to discuss OC vs CC, so I iwll end now.
    Dannan, dirve north and west, you will love the fishing. Pleanty of deer, and grouse also.
    You made a good move.

Thanks Icemanmpls. Good information, and yes stay out of IL. The state line is right at Beloit.

I have a coworker that grew up ij WI, he is filling me in on the hunting, fishing. He gracciously took me out on his lake one night thiis week and gave me a tour of it. He will introduce me to some other people.

Some day WI may get the vote through with a different governor and then it would really isolate IL.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast