Big change coming in Wisconsin - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big change coming in Wisconsin

CalicoJack10, there is open carry in WI. There is no licensing.

Many owners in WI want the restrictions on open carry lifted to make it true open carry, and one statute repealed to allow concealed carry. That is the high ground.

I know you understand but too many think that people carrying now do not have prior training, do not practice, do not know handling, etc. There are many more too that choose not to open carry that would carry open with the restrictions removed or with constitutional concealed carry.

Though WI has no concealed carry, many owners in WI do not want to be run through mandatory training.

With this as background, some would still go through another training requirement but many do not see the need.

There are many ways to get "trained" and practice, beside just formal, mandatory training.

Myself, I join clubs and practice. I have done mandatory and voluntary training outside WI. But I clearly understand the point that you can carry open in WI with no licensing and many of these features deserve preservation.

I don't disagree with the idea that open and concealed carry should be unrestricted and totally legal. I also totally agree with no licensing and no fee's. I just can't wrap my mind around why someone would be against training that would keep themselves, their families, and innocent bystanders safe in bad situations. I think that there should be no set training requirement, but at the same time, the idea of being against training is kind of indicative of bad habits and unsafe practices.

This idea has a lot of bearing on why we have always had such strong problems with the anti's. Because we are always so adamant about what we want and don't care what anyone else thinks or wants that we butt heads till we are all dizzy and disoriented. Many law enforcement schools spend less than 1 day on firearms training, but the Anti's are willing to let cops carry. And the average CCW Permit holder will attend 4 times as much time training and preparing just to get the CCW, not to mention the tons of practice that CCW holders do that cops don't. There are a lot of things like this that fail because nobody will listen to anyone else.

I personally turn at least 1 anti a year to "The Dark Side" and will keep doing so regularly. Hell, my girlfriend would not even look at a gun a year ago and now she not only owns one, but wants to carry. We have been fighting over this for so long that you would think that someone would stand up and realize that what we are doing is not working.
    .... And let the one having no sword sell his outer garment and buy one. ~God
    http://www.cjdefense.com/ Wisconsin

Always vigilant. Anti's don't mind waiting and waiting, chipping away.

Thanks for the info.

Glad to see that things are moving along.

Wisconsin expected to expand gun owner rights - Yahoo! News

I hope this happens soon. I might be attending a fishing meet later this summer and it would be nice to carry my gun.

Anymore news on this issue? I like how Gov Walker got support from NRA in his campaign and it made me vote for him. But now he wants to remove my mother's right to Collective Bargaining as a public employee to save the budget. Why not just pass "shall issue" and let that take a bite out of the deficit. It's funny though, Tommy Thompson and Doyle are the reason the state is where it is now. And now Gov Walker has big companies in his pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by 12GaugeShooter View Post
    Anymore news on this issue? I like how Gov Walker got support from NRA in his campaign and it made me vote for him. But now he wants to remove my mother's right to Collective Bargaining as a public employee to save the budget. Why not just pass "shall issue" and let that take a bite out of the deficit. It's funny though, Tommy Thompson and Doyle are the reason the state is where it is now. And now Gov Walker has big companies in his pocket.
    Why should my taxes go up? Why should I pay for a right? Collective bargaining is not a right.

9. Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Why should my taxes go up? Why should I pay for a right? Collective bargaining is not a right.
    Amen! Them calling it "Collective bargaining rights" is confusing the young and non self thinkers. A group calling something their RIGHT... does not make it their RIGHT.

Q: If collective bargaining were a right.... why the hell doesn't every single person in this state have it?

A: BECAUSE ITS NOT A RIGHT.

thank you and have a wonderful day.

Quote Originally Posted by MattD View Post
    Amen! Them calling it "Collective bargaining rights" is confusing the young and non self thinkers. A group calling something their RIGHT... does not make it their RIGHT.

Q: If collective bargaining were a right.... why the hell doesn't every single person in this state have it?

A: BECAUSE ITS NOT A RIGHT.

thank you and have a wonderful day.
    And add to this that union money has bought the elected officials that sit at the table with the union during nagotiations. Conflic of interest? Don't forget this is taxpayer money we are talking about and the well does have a bottom.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

My X wife works for the Unions (Pretty high up on the chain of command), and I remember every year they would go on a spending spree so that they did not look like they were making a profit.

For me it is simple, if I have to pay 12 percent of my income to cover my insurance, there is no reason someone else should only have to pay 6%.

Equality is a simple thing, everyone equal! There is no negotiating. Thats just how it is. But that is just my opinion.

As far as CC in wisconsin, I can't wait for this to go through. As a firearms instructor I know it will boost my business. However, I DO want Constitutional carry, and not a permit sstem. The permits should be for nothing more than reciprocity, and that should be an option not a mandate.

I don't see why I should have to pay to put a coat over my gun if I choose.

Also, with the stunt that was pulled with the "Bargaining Rights" recently, there is a renewed talk of getting this budget thing over and done with and moving on to CC.
    .... And let the one having no sword sell his outer garment and buy one. ~God
    http://www.cjdefense.com/ Wisconsin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast