Big change coming in Wisconsin - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big change coming in Wisconsin

referring to case linked in post #2

Quote Originally Posted by apjonas View Post
    This was one limited decision by the lowest level of court. It does not have statewide applicability. Concealed carry is still (technically and otherwise) unlawful in Wisconsin.
    Very well, maybe the ruling does not apply statewide, but it must at least apply in the territory covered by the circuit court that found the CC statute unconstitutional.

Has the ruling been appealed? I have been unable to locate much online about Wisconsin v. Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Very well, maybe the ruling does not apply statewide, but it must at least apply in the territory covered by the circuit court that found the CC statute unconstitutional.

Has the ruling been appealed? I have been unable to locate much online about Wisconsin v. Schultz.
    It has not been appealed and in the county in question, he is the only judge. So.... in that county, you will probably be arrested for concealed carry but either the DA will drop the charges or the judge will not allow it to go to trial.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoy View Post
    "Both houses of the Wisconsin legislature went Republican last night, making it almost certain that Wisconsin will become the 41st [state] to provide a fair, non-arbitrary system for law-abiding, trained adults to be issued permits to carry handguns for lawful protection."
    Months later, I still haven't heard of any kind of carry bill introduced in the Wisconsin legislature. Wisconsin has other problems, but surely that doesn't require 100% of the available time of the legislature.

I'm ready also for some movement on CCW in WI. All this other stuff will be there tomorrow & next year still. I have to think they could just about dust off one of the many CCW regulations booklets from a few select states & present it. That would be up to 'constitutional carry', or one of the more lenient programs. There will not be a better time than between now & 2012.

6. Hopefully we'll be carrying concealed soon
    Bills would legalize concealed carry in Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by goldwater58 View Post
    Hopefully we'll be carrying concealed soon
    Bills would legalize concealed carry in Wisconsin

anybody have a bill #? I keep seeing references to what is in it...but no actual #

I'm optimistic that Wisconsin will pass a CCW bill soon. The number of anti-gun states is dwindling down to a small handful. Let's hope Illinois is the next domino to fall.

In the news this morning, not directly related to Wisconsin CCW but still of importance: Wisconsin Senator Herb Kohl (NRA rating = F) will not seek reelection.

If in the space of two years Wisconsin can rid itself of both Russ Feingold and Herb Kohl, gun owners will have something to celebrate. (Note: Feingold was generally hostile to gun rights but, as last November's election loomed, in desperation cast a couple of pro-gun votes.)

Senate bill 93.

Was a hearing yesterday.

93 was for constitutional carry. There are enough supposed votes but people have been saying some that could vote for it will not. Also some said senate and assembly leaders may not let it come to a vote.

Also wondering how many that a few months ago may have voted for it may now not vote for it.

Anyway, there was a concealed carry bill announced too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannan View Post
    Senate bill 93.

Was a hearing yesterday.

93 was for constitutional carry. There are enough supposed votes but people have been saying some that could vote for it will not. Also some said senate and assembly leaders may not let it come to a vote.

Also wondering how many that a few months ago may have voted for it may now not vote for it.

Anyway, there was a concealed carry bill announced too.
    Thanks for the info.

Would the other one be Senate Bill 90?

Right, concealed carry bill has one in assembly, number 126 and in senate, 90.

Senate 93 for constitutional carry just had a senate version, I read.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast