Delavan Starbucks OC Meet and Greet 12/5 from 1-3 pm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delavan Starbucks OC Meet and Greet 12/5 from 1-3 pm

Delavan Starbucks OC Meet and Greet 12/5 from 1-3 pm

Login | Facebook

Come on by!

Everyone welcome whether you are OC'ing or not.

Does this meet up have a point? Or is it just a "Look at me/Scare the Sheep/Just because I can"?

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Does this meet up have a point? Or is it just a "Look at me/Scare the Sheep/Just because I can"?
    Wow!

Yes, it has several purposes:

1. Allow people who have questions about open carry to ask them.
    2. Allow people who have a common interest (open carry) talk about their experiences.

You do realize that concealed carry is illegal in WI, don't you?

I open carry every day.

So I guess it is like a hamvention or a biker gathering then? People of similar interests gathering together to discuss coman issues. I'm not trying to put words in anyones mouth or argue, just shead some light.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Wow!

Yes, it has several purposes:

1. Allow people who have questions about open carry to ask them.
    2. Allow people who have a common interest (open carry) talk about their experiences.

You do realize that concealed carry is illegal in WI, don't you?

I open carry every day.
    If you can't carry concealed by law, and your only way to carry for self defense is open. That's fine! But for the most part the open carry scene is full of "Because I can/Look at me Look at Me/I'm so cool/Dirty harry wannabes!). As I have said before people such as your self and other gun lovers in your state who cant legally carry concealed. Are not lumped into the above category! Same being said for people who just need to get something and don't feel like concealing it. The vast majority of the ones you see on the news and all over youtube fit right into the above category. They strap on their firearm and strap on their camera and set out on a mission. That mission being to provoke the sheep/ LEO to respond just so they can play the "Got you" game! When OC first started to pick up I was all for it just another way for gun lovers to express their rights. Now it has become ramped with the attention seeker's. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying we don't have those kinds in the concealed carry ranks. They tend to not want to spend the money on the permit, background check, training class and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    If you cant carry concealed by law and your only way to carry for self defense is open. That's fine! But for the most part the open carry scene is full of "Because I can/Look at me Look at Me/I'm so cool/Dirty harry wannabes!). As I have said before people such as your self and other gun lovers in your state who cant legally carry concealed. Are not lumped into the above category! Same being said for people who just need to get something and don't feel like concealing it. The vast majority of the ones you see on the news and all over youtube fit right into the above category. They strap on their firearm and strap on their camera and set out on a mission. That mission being to provoke the sheep/ LEO to respond just so they can play the "Got you" game! When OC first started to pick up I was all for it just another way for gun lovers to express their rights. Now it has become ramped with the attention seeker's. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying we don't have those kinds in the concealed carry ranks. They tend to not want to spend the money on the permit,back ground check,training class and so on.
    That is fine, however, when cc becomes legal in WI, I probably will oc anyhow. I am not trying to provoke anyone, it just is most of the time more comfortable to oc. Also, oc can be a deterrent. I will use the Waffle House in Savannah GA as the example of that.

The only time when cc would be more convenient is during the winter because now my heavy jacket just wants to cover my sidearm.

In addition, if WI gets permitted cc, I will most likely not get the permit. I don't like registering for a right.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    That is fine, however, when cc becomes legal in WI, I probably will oc anyhow. I am not trying to provoke anyone, it just is most of the time more comfortable to oc. Also, oc can be a deterrent. I will use the Waffle House in Savannah GA as the example of that.

The only time when cc would be more convenient is during the winter because now my heavy jacket just wants to cover my sidearm.

In addition, if WI gets permitted cc, I will most likely not get the permit. I don't like registering for a right.
    OC is a double edged sword in some cases your right it is a deterrent yet in others it makes you a target(if not the first target). You lose the element of surprise. I will agree with you on that fact that it's more comfortable! In any case I was not addressing my post at you or your follow states men it was aimed more or less at the ones who gave OC a bad name.

9. Reputation Changing

I feel that as more and more responsible citizens have begun to carry in Wisconsin the reputation above has changed. The few that are out there make the news because of their behavior and attitude. The many of us that carry everyday for security and protection have become 'normal' to most of the community around us. Many law enforcement agencies are adjusting their attitudes as well which also helps the sheep feel more at ease. I think the only group that is feeling more uneasy are the criminals.

Good people have organized these meet and greets. I went last time. People speak to the workers, customers and to others there for the meet and greet.

I'm new to the open carry state from a concealed carry one and WI has a way to go to get open carry limites cleaned up in WI. As they mentioned, no concealed carry in WI so the effort is on making open carry better. There are good things with the WI set up, such as anyone living in or out of WI that does not have a reason not to own one can carry in WI.

Moving forward positively is what is going to happen in WI in 2011.

We even invite the local LEO. I received an email from them and they might stop by to say hello. As long as it remains consensual, we will chat with them. As I stated earlier, these events are also public relations.

YouTube - a tale of 2 cities.wmv

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast