Shots fired...

Thread: Shots fired...

1. Shots fired...

People ask why I carry a gun. Gunshots just rang out nearby. I called the Sheriff's office and they asked if I felt threatened. I said not directly but I do not like gunshots going off near my home. It's dark out. Past hunting time. They said the closest officer was about 20 miles away. They would note the time and he would cruise by when he got a chance.

If you are not armed, you are prey.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

Yes that's why we are armed. In this County of SC they arrest people then turn them loose, to steal again. Last weekend a BG that had been turned loose kicked in a lady's door and shot her in the head (killing her). They won't be turning loose to one that's stupid enough to brake in here.

4. Hope all is well and safe up there. Missed meeting you yesterday in BRF, hope your wife is doing better today.

5. Thanks for your kind words BHancock. She is diabetic, has a handful of other ailments connected to diabetes and her blood sugar has been out of control for a while. It is a constant struggle. To compound matters, she takes a form of insulin that is rare and 300 bucks a bottle. Humulin R U-500. Taking bucket loads and still not under control. I worry about being to far away for any length of time and this weekend she was really having a difficult time. I am looking forward to a get together in the future. Sounds like ya had a good time.

As for the gunshots, Still have not seen a Sheriff's deputy. Not unusual. No more gunshots so all is well. For now.

hardballer out!
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum. . .Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis. . . .Nemo me impune lacessit . . .Veritas vos Liberabit. . . .ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! . . . .Write, speak, do!

Could have been as innocent as a lost hunter, gunshots are great position locators. I usually have one or two hunters a year I have to help find their way out. Just did it 2 days ago. four shots total, 3 were mine. We have good walkie talkies and I try to keep my hunters calm but I find they almost always start running and deny it when I find them.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

7. Quote Originally Posted by twogunwilly View Post
    Could have been as innocent as a lost hunter, gunshots are great position locators. I usually have one or two hunters a year I have to help find their way out. Just did it 2 days ago. four shots total, 3 were mine. We have good walkie talkies and I try to keep my hunters calm but I find they almost always start running and deny it when I find them.
    If they were lost, they were lost within the city limits and and within a 1/4 mile of my home. Unsettling.

I had a similar experience this past summer. Someone was shooting just outside my place, and I had 4 nephews over for the night. When I called they said that they would get someone to check it out, 2 hours later the first cop arrived (While they were still shooting) and said that he would take care of it. I later talked to the neighbors that saw the guy shooting and they told me that the cops walked over and told them that I was a "Crazy Vet" and they should be more careful about shooting around me. Nevermind the fact that I found 38 caliber slugs in the trees behind my house.

They all thought it was a big joke until I told them that next time I was going to return fire in defense of myself and my family.
    .... And let the one having no sword sell his outer garment and buy one. ~God
    http://www.cjdefense.com/ Wisconsin

Heh, I live in Flint, Michigan. Its apparently the "Murder Capital" of the United States, I get asked by LEOs why I carry a gun, I simply tell them, "when theyre done cutting all the police there will maybe be 10 officers for the city, and maybe another 70 for the township. When you guys are busy and Im being attacked in my house, Id like to be able to fight back." Nuff said.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

The frozen tundra!! Also known as Minnesota
    My neighborhood USED to be quiet, but over the last few years things are really starting to pick up. Last summer alone we had 3 shootings within 3 blocks of my home, and home invasions are picking up.
    I talked to one of my older neighbors who's been here for a while and he said home invasions used to be high until an older gentleman put two shotgun shells into a thugs chest from 3 feet away when he came through the back door. That was 10 years ago I guess. It's taken this long for home invasions to start here again so that says something about criminal mentality. They don't wanna be next to get split in half!
    MN Permit to Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, PPITH
    NRA Life Member, 3 x Iraq War Vet