Investagations of violations of civil rights.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Investagations of violations of civil rights.

1. Investagations of violations of civil rights.

message removed
    Last edited by whitetiger; 08-29-2011 at 11:17 PM. Reason: got a call from someone who got my number from this post

Are you typing on your phone or something?

Citizen Review Board

HI:
    If any police jurisdiction had a citizen review board, problems would only happen once. Maybe not at all to start with. I have read about many problems that are similar around the country. Every police jurisdiction should have a citizen review board.

The citizen review board would review such cases of misconduct by Police and correct the problem. The citizen review board should have the power to correct any police problem.

A citizen review board should have three citizens and three policeman from the jurisdiction that it represents.

Most policeman will not testify against another police officer. If no policeman would serve on the citizen review board then it should be comprised of all citizens.

It breaks my heart every time I hear about how the Constitution of the United States gets violated. People who pledge to uphold the laws and the Constitution and then violate them.
    Rich
    Beware of your surroundings

5. sorry yes on my ph and my eyes are not what they were

+1 on citizen review boards.

Whitetiger...

You don't sound to sure about any aspect of OC,or CC. Your even less confident regarding police reaction. With the Bill through the assembly in WI, the LEOs are on there toes, and off our backs. I won't tell you how to react in a situation, wouldn't even if I knew you. That is the wrong thing for a non instructor to be doing, I don't want to be writing that letter home. MY suggestion to you is training, I truly believe it would help you to decide what is best for you. You'll be more likely to respect the word of an instructor. Good luck.
    2-A FOR THAT TIME BETWEEN PREDATOR AND POLICE

8. The Leos are on their TOES? Yea! Thats what happen in Canton! The Leos abused a ccw carrier and told him He should kill him. Thats what is happening I think the LEOS need training in this new law. In Nov I will put in my app for a ccw. I will carry concealed when I get the permitt. I go to the range two times a week for a few hours with my friends. We have been going to the range for about two years now. I am a U.S.Marine VET.
    I was a officer overseas in a county PD. served there for5 years then came home. Missed my family and the U.S.A. I was Young and wanted to see the world. What I saw was power, the people who have it make the rules.
    The people who do not have it pay for it. except here power here is limited (Thank You CONGRESS and the first GOV Body. They knew what would happen if all the power was in the top peoples hands. AND ya know the top rich people have been chipping at the limites ever since. arming the people is the last stand when some buddy gets to big and powerful and rules over the people harshly he gets shot. History shows people will fight back if they have the means. even from a german concentration camp with their hands.
    "to those who worship evil's might beware the power of my american 2amendment right."

No,there is a "citizen review" board called the Independant Police Review Authority in chicago. They do NOT know what its like in the street and have no clue the stresses and dangers. They are CIVILIANS whom,without any police experience whatsoever,can decide if an incident is justified or not. IPRA was politically appointed and its members are on their own personal agendas against the Chicago Police. IPRA goes to the scene of crimes,interferes with police investigations,contaminates crime scenes and DEMANDS that officers surrender their weapons to THEM when civilians are shot. If I was still working and a civilian asked me for my weapon,after I stopped laughing at him I would walk away. I do not believe that a "civilian review" panel can fairly and neutrally and objectively look at a police related incident. They are NOT the police and should NOT be allowed to interview,interrogate,or otherwise investigate the police.Nor should they have ANY say whatsoever in the disciplinary actions of the officer(s) involved.
    " We came,We Saw,We kicked their asses and when the screaming stopped,the blood dried,the smoke cleared and the dust settled...PEACE WAS RESTORED"

Quote Originally Posted by cortchubby View Post
    I do not believe that a "civilian review" panel can fairly and neutrally and objectively look at a police related incident. They are NOT the police and should NOT be allowed to interview,interrogate,or otherwise investigate the police.Nor should they have ANY say whatsoever in the disciplinary actions of the officer(s) involved.
    Police Officers are Civilians, not military personel.

No,police officers are sworn employees of a government entity. As such are NOT subject to a "citizen review" board. Sorry, I didnt answer to civilians when I and my mission team did what we were called to do,nor would I if I was still operating.Civilian review boards are inherently politically assigned with NO prior knowledge of police procedure or operations,have their own agendas as to politically correct policing, and do not by any stretch of the imagination have a clue about field operations. Given that,they should not be permitted to oversee police operations. We had a group in my city called "cop watch" that spend inordinate amounts of time following Police Officers around and filming them.They even tried to video my unit while conducting a drug surveillance. While it is good to have accountability,they more often then not interfered with and obstructed police operations. They stopped abruptly when their video equipment including tapes were taken as evidence in a crime investigation.
    I have dealt with "civilian review" people who felt that our methods and tactics were 'more than what was needed'(regarding a forced entry to a known drug distribution area)I sat and patiently listened to all the questions,and comments and critiques. Funny thing about that review board,3 of the 5 members of it had criminal histories. Needless to say,that meeting ended with the police in the "win" column.
    While you may feel that you should be able to delve into the actions and operations of the police,I will be the first to tell you first hand that under NO circumstance would I place in jeopardy any unit member or divulge any information to you about our operations or missions.I dont mean to hurt your feelings and good intentions but its none of your business. You can read about it in the paper like everyone else. Bottom line here is if you were to enter MY crime scene,you as well as the offender would be sitting in the back of my patrol car. And to your comment that police are civilians,If,in fact this is true,why then can the police arrest you and cause you to be charged with a crime?Its called police power NOT civilian powers.
    I am not in a position to nor care to engage you in a debate over whom I report to(or in my case reported to) Suffice to say,the people I reported to were police. By all means I encourage you to form your little group and "review" what we do out there to keep you safe and protected. But before you decide to oversee any police operations and take any form of corrective actions, it might suit you well to go thru the academy,pass probation,and push a beat car around some god forsaken area of your city before YOU ever decide to critique ME.
    Thank you for your comment.
    Stay safe.
    " We came,We Saw,We kicked their asses and when the screaming stopped,the blood dried,the smoke cleared and the dust settled...PEACE WAS RESTORED"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast