Any word on WI concealed carry reciprocity with other states? - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any word on WI concealed carry reciprocity with other states?

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    My point was that an underlined copy of the Constitution will do you no good whatever. I am sure if you are stopped, you will present your permits and not an underlined copy of the Constitution. Chicago cops may be smart enough to know what the permit looks like. I doubt any of them have read, or even heard of, the Constitution. At least that is my guess based on their historical actions.

Well HAHAHA I see your point! I have bowling balls in the closet that possess more active brain cells than some Chicago Cops. Your analysis of CPD is pretty much on the mark. Just to bust balls,when I got all my permits I walked down to the local CPD district and asked the officer behind the desk to check and see if my permits were valid. He stated he had never seen those before,checked them and gave me a print out stating that they were valid.A few bosses shoulder surfed the cop as he was entering the information and gave me the dirtiest of looks but that doesnt phase me.
    " We came,We Saw,We kicked their asses and when the screaming stopped,the blood dried,the smoke cleared and the dust settled...PEACE WAS RESTORED"

Quote Originally Posted by shootin.targets View Post
    Does someone have the link to the law that was passed so that I can read it myself?
    Act 35

In any large organization, CPD included, you will find the full spectrum of individuals. I know a great many of Chicago cops, and they are all pretty sharp, dedicated individuals.

In many cases, issues with the cops comes from a poor top-command structure and city politics. The guy on the street has it pretty ugly these days with little support from the city government. In the worst neighborhoods, the citizens refuse to provide information on violent perps ... and when they do get a good arrest, the state gives the perp a pass, or lets them out to make space; it's a no-win situation.

I have a great deal of respect for the vast majority of the force. There's always a few spuds; the city demands the test scores be lowered for diversity, there's still some of the old-school Daley (Old Man Daley, not Richie the Human Spongebrain) types ... but overall, CPD (and CFD as well) is a operating with the smelly end of the **** stick and doing a fine job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    According to senate bill 93

The bill permits out of state licencees to carry concealed weapons in Wisconsin under the same restrictions as persons licensed by Wisconsin

not good

With the recent release from the DOJ im definitely not liking hunter's safety being a valad form form of ccw training ... I'm pretty sure we can kiss Minnesota reciprocity goodbye ... Seriously ... I received this training over 14 years ago at age 14 and having gone through both ccw classes and hunters safety I know they are nothing alike, we're not hunting people nor do they discuss the ethics of drawing your weapon... way to go Wisconsin for making us wait forever and then decide to hand permits out on the back of crackerjack boxes... wake the ***** up.....

Quote Originally Posted by fourmula766 View Post
    With the recent release from the DOJ im definitely not liking hunter's safety being a valad form form of ccw training ... I'm pretty sure we can kiss Minnesota reciprocity goodbye ... Seriously ... I received this training over 14 years ago at age 14 and having gone through both ccw classes and hunters safety I know they are nothing alike, we're not hunting people nor do they discuss the ethics of drawing your weapon... way to go Wisconsin for making us wait forever and then decide to hand permits out on the back of crackerjack boxes... wake the ***** up.....
    NRA Basic has not to do with CCW either, and just about every state...maybe not MN... that requires training will accept it. WI pretty much took the training list that most states use and pasted it into the law.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    NRA Basic has not to do with CCW either, and just about every state...maybe not MN... that requires training will accept it. WI pretty much took the training list that most states use and pasted it into the law.
    The NRA Basic pistol course is just that, basic. It is designed to teach safe shooting practices and storage. It is kinda like a gunowners 101 course.

9. Quote Originally Posted by fourmula766 View Post
    With the recent release from the DOJ im definitely not liking hunter's safety being a valad form form of ccw training ... wake the ***** up.....
    There should be no permit required to carry a firearm, period. It is a constitutionally protected right. I see states' permit requirements getting thrown out over the next several years because of the Heller ruling. That is the way it should be. If you don't need a permit to use the 1st Amendment, or any of the other parts of the bill of rights, you shouldn't need one to use the 2nd.

PLease post the recent WI DOJ reciprocity

I cant find any info in WI DOJ reciprocity info,if anyone has this info
    please post the link.Or provide a cut and paste of the info?

THANKS !
    " We came,We Saw,We kicked their asses and when the screaming stopped,the blood dried,the smoke cleared and the dust settled...PEACE WAS RESTORED"

11. CCW & Az

I may have missed this but in Arizona ALL legal firearm carriers may carry concealed in Az with or without a permit. Az knows it is Our duty, our Responsibility to carry.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast