Any word on WI concealed carry reciprocity with other states? - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 95

Thread: Any word on WI concealed carry reciprocity with other states?

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    13
    Wisconsin will honor ALOT more than will honor Wisconsin's.

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    Wisconsin will honor ALOT more than will honor Wisconsin's.
    This may be, but a lot of states only honor states that honor their's. Some states require more training that Wisconsin, and will not honor Wisconsin's.
    An optimist, is someone that doesn't know all the facts!

  4. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Elkhorn, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    This may be, but a lot of states only honor states that honor their's. Some states require more training that Wisconsin, and will not honor Wisconsin's.
    And that is fine. CA won't honor anyone, HI as well.

    WI already has too many hoops to jumps through to exercise a God given right.

  5. #54

    Until....

    Until an OFFICIAL RECIPROCITY LIST is generated by the State of Wisconsin,(in accord with State Law) this is ALL speculation and a huge waste of blog space.


    Just sayin.

    Failing that OPEN CARRY in Wisconsin then. Its legal no permit required.
    " We came,We Saw,We kicked their asses and when the screaming stopped,the blood dried,the smoke cleared and the dust settled...PEACE WAS RESTORED"

  6. Quote Originally Posted by cortchubby View Post
    Until an OFFICIAL RECIPROCITY LIST is generated by the State of Wisconsin,(in accord with State Law) this is ALL speculation and a huge waste of blog space.
    I agree, wait until Nov. 1ST, why speculate, we can have a pretty good idea now, but we will know on Nov. 1ST.
    An optimist, is someone that doesn't know all the facts!

  7. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    I agree, wait until Nov. 1ST, why speculate, we can have a pretty good idea now, but we will know on Nov. 1ST.
    If we did not already speculate, we would not have a pretty good idea now. We would be clueless if we didn't wonder.

    Reciprocal Aggreements may take longer than Nov. 1

  8. Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    If we did not already speculate, we would not have a pretty good idea now. We would be clueless if we didn't wonder.

    Reciprocal Aggreements may take longer than Nov. 1
    If I am visiting Wisconsin from another state and I have a CCW license from that state, is it okay for me to carry in Wisconsin?
    Maybe. DOJ is required to establish, by rule, a list of states that issue a CCW license or permit that either requires or designates that the holder of the license or permit chose to submit to a background check that is comparable to the check conducted under Wisconsin law. Wis. Stat. 165.25(12). A person who possesses a CCW license or permit from one of the states designated in the DOJ rule may carry concealed in Wisconsin. Wis. Stat. 15.60((1)(f) and (2g)(a). Such a person may begin carrying concealed as soon as DOJ lists the state by rule which will be posted online on November 1, 2011.

    You can speculate all you want, you will not know until Nov. 1ST. As stated in the law you will know on Nov, 1ST. no matter what you think you may or may not know. This is my last post on this tread as you think you know it all, and obviously you don't. I don't know why you started this tread, you know it all, and just want to argue.
    An optimist, is someone that doesn't know all the facts!

  9. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Elkhorn, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    I don't know why you started this tread, you know it all, and just want to argue.

    Huh???? Brokensprocket didn't start the thread.

  10. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    If I am visiting Wisconsin from another state and I have a CCW license from that state, is it okay for me to carry in Wisconsin?
    Maybe. DOJ is required to establish, by rule, a list of states that issue a CCW license or permit that either requires or designates that the holder of the license or permit chose to submit to a background check that is comparable to the check conducted under Wisconsin law. Wis. Stat. 165.25(12). A person who possesses a CCW license or permit from one of the states designated in the DOJ rule may carry concealed in Wisconsin. Wis. Stat. 15.60((1)(f) and (2g)(a). Such a person may begin carrying concealed as soon as DOJ lists the state by rule which will be posted online on November 1, 2011.

    You can speculate all you want, you will not know until Nov. 1ST. As stated in the law you will know on Nov, 1ST. no matter what you think you may or may not know. This is my last post on this tread as you think you know it all, and obviously you don't. I don't know why you started this tread, you know it all, and just want to argue.

    I don't think I've come across any state that doesn't do a background check...so essentially WI should honor ALL other states' permits.

  11. #60

    Eye yi yi ~!

    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    If we did not already speculate, we would not have a pretty good idea now. We would be clueless if we didn't wonder.

    Reciprocal Aggreements may take longer than Nov. 1
    If you want to know FOR CERTAIN and end the guess work speculation and waste of blog space CALL THE WI DOJ for your answer. The number is
    (920)832.2750 That will END your guessing.

    Call them for the Official up to date answer.

    They have stated and I have posted before that they are considering accepting out of state permits from states that have the NICS background check. While Wisconsin State Law states that they WILL (shall) accept out of state permits,I can almost be certain that they also can stipulate guidelines of the permits they accept.
    OPEN CARRY IS LEGAL IN WISCONSIN. Should your permit be not accepted.


    AGAIN and Gee I hate to sound repetitive
    IF YOU WANT THE ONLY CORRECT ANSWER CALL THE WISCONSIN DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AT 920.832.2750 THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE OFFICIAL ANSWER AND ANY UPDATES YOU MAY NEED.THEY WILL ALSO INFORM YOU EXACTLY WHAT THE WISCONSIN SATE LAW CURRENTLY IS REGARDING CARRYING OF FIREARMS.IF YOU LIKE,THEY WILL EVEN SEND YOU A HARD COPY SO YOU DONT SECOND GUESS YOURSELF AND SPECULATE ALL DAY LONG.
    " We came,We Saw,We kicked their asses and when the screaming stopped,the blood dried,the smoke cleared and the dust settled...PEACE WAS RESTORED"

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast