Any word on WI concealed carry reciprocity with other states?
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any word on WI concealed carry reciprocity with other states?

Any word on WI concealed carry reciprocity with other states?

Has anyone heard about Wisconsin's concealed carry reciprocity with other states? Just wondering if I'll need to get a Utah permit as well.

Great forum by the way!

3. Good in Indiana!

I can tell you that a Wisconsin permit is good in Indiana a Indiana recognizes all other states' permits.

Quote Originally Posted by cawpin View Post
    I can tell you that a Wisconsin permit is good in Indiana a Indiana recognizes all other states' permits.
    As do AZ, IA, ID, KY, MO, MI, OK, SD, TN and VT...with MI accepting resident only permits.

5. Arizona DOES NOT recognize all other states' permits automatically. I know for a fact that they do not recognize Indiana permits, unless it has changed in the last year which I don't think it has.

AZ honors all other state permits and has for some time. As for other states honoring AZ some have formal reciprocity while others recognize the permit without it.

Concealed Weapons Reciprocal and Recognition Agreements - Arizona Department of Public Safety

According to the wisconsin state website, they honor all permits. Resident and non resident.

Quote Originally Posted by cawpin View Post
    Arizona DOES NOT recognize all other states' permits automatically. I know for a fact that they do not recognize Indiana permits, unless it has changed in the last year which I don't think it has.

AZ Reciprocity

the statute:

13-3112

T. This state and any political subdivision of this state shall recognize a concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state if both:

1. The permit or license is recognized as valid in the issuing state.

2. The permit or license holder is all of the following:

(a) Legally present in this state.

(b) Not legally prohibited from possessing a firearm in this state.

9. Until the Wis DOJ compiles it's list this is all speculation.
    Discussing Wisconsin's Concealed Carry Law At www.armedbadger.com

Quote Originally Posted by Deadscott View Post
    Until the Wis DOJ compiles it's list this is all speculation.
    All of the states listed in this thread are states that will honor the WI permit...not necessarily states that WI will honor.

11. Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    AZ Reciprocity

the statute:

13-3112
    Yep, just checked it out. The table on that page has changed since I last looked at it. The verbiage always read the same but the table used to have another column showing what permits Arizona recognized and Indiana was not included because they required no "training" for their permits. I guess it HAS changed, probably since Arizona relaxed its permit requirements and got rid off the requirement to have one.

The last time I checked was shortly after the last renewal requirement change, they probably hasn't updated the site yet.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast