Concealed carry law now in effect in wisconsin. NOV1ST 2011.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry law now in effect in wisconsin. NOV1ST 2011.

1. Concealed carry law now in effect in wisconsin. NOV1ST 2011.

We now can carry a concealed weapon in Wisconsin( as soon as we get the ccw permitt back) But out of state permitt holders can carry now if they are from one of the states Wisconsin says they can. I think there are 25 of them.
    Now we need castle defence law passed and for bad guys to read the paper and think they can defened theirselfs now. and go to ILL.

You must have been awake at 12MN to remind us this piece of info. <g> I just wish your authority over there will include MO and some other states so we can go to Airventure 2012 in peace.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Well, at least I'm "legal" now when I go there.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Congrats and welcome to CCW.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Congrats and welcome to CCW.
    Not picking on your post Nightmare, just using it as a jumping point to:

No doubt many thousands there carried before today. Thousands did here in my state before any such law. Perhaps we could amend the idea to: "Welcome to 'legal' CCW. Although the 2nd already states you can carry any way you want, at least now you can pay the gov't an illegal fee for the 'should be unnecessary' permit paper so if and when you had to defend your life with a gun you will now have one less legal hassle. Sure, you'd be alive rather than dead by carrying all along, but now you can escape one more legal hassle."

It still saddens many of us to see how the gov't is still fooling millions into thinking self defense, or more accurately the right to bear arms, is a government provided priviledge rather than a founding papers granted right for all.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Has anyone contacted WI AG to see why the FL permit was not granted reciprocity???? I see the UT permit was.

Congrats WI residents! Hopefully, my state of Illinois is right behind you!

Florida is not on the list because the background check needs to be comparable. WI requires both NICBS and a criminal background check. Florida does the criminal background check but since the permit is issued from the Department of Agriculture (not a law enforcement agency) they do not have access to NICBS. Its bogus but that is what the DOJ is using as their argument.
    Owner/Instructor
    Dynamic Firearms Instruction
    http://www.dynamicfirearmsinstruction.net

9. bforney, good info thank you.

When I called to inquire why I got the generic "We are still working on other states, just because its not listed now doesn't mean we will never honor there permit".

It did seem strange to me the State we modeled our law after is one that we do not recognize. I do not agree with the DOJ's interpretation but I can see the argument.

Thank you again for getting and posting the info.

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    Not picking on your post Nightmare, just using it as a jumping point to:

No doubt many thousands there carried before today. Thousands did here in my state before any such law. Perhaps we could amend the idea to: "Welcome to 'legal' CCW. Although the 2nd already states you can carry any way you want, at least now you can pay the gov't an illegal fee for the 'should be unnecessary' permit paper so if and when you had to defend your life with a gun you will now have one less legal hassle. Sure, you'd be alive rather than dead by carrying all along, but now you can escape one more legal hassle."

It still saddens many of us to see how the gov't is still fooling millions into thinking self defense, or more accurately the right to bear arms, is a government provided priviledge rather than a founding papers granted right for all.
    And I'm not picking on yours, but the right to self defense is neither a priviledge or a Constitutionaly granted right.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

It is an an unalienable right and not a granted right. Our Creator is the only one that grants these rights. The Second Amendment doesn't grant anything, it simply protects an unalienable right. I agree with your point but just not the wording. <G>

Quote Originally Posted by bforney View Post
    Florida is not on the list because the background check needs to be comparable. WI requires both NICBS and a criminal background check. Florida does the criminal background check but since the permit is issued from the Department of Agriculture (not a law enforcement agency) they do not have access to NICBS. Its bogus but that is what the DOJ is using as their argument.
    It's not just their argument but the way the law was written. A State that has a Criminal Background check, a NICS check and requires a holder to be 21 will have their permit automatically honored. The list is not a list of Reciprocal agreements but just those that meet the requirements of the law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast