CCW application sent off. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW application sent off.

1. I saw on the news last night that the application had been downloaded 84,000 times. The DOJ had already gotten 150 apps and approved 120.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcheech View Post
    I saw on the news last night that the application had been downloaded 84,000 times. The DOJ had already gotten 150 apps and approved 120.
    150 were personally handed in at J.B. Van Hollens office in the Capitol on Tuesday. The Capitol opened at 8:00am and at 9:00am, the first batch was walked over the the Risser Building(DOJ). People that dropped them of in person started getting them in the mail on Wednesday. I did, #14. Wednesday, the DOJ got the first wave of 10K mail-ins and the first of those processed have started to show up in the mail. By the end of Friday, the DOJ has received over 20,000 applications. The first week, they processed 225-250 a day. J.B. said he is pulling more staff from other divisions in the DOJ and has them overworking overtime to meet the 45 day requirement.

KCD1974 - To carry concealed/open in a posted area is a Class B Forfeiture - $1,000. It's under the tresspassing statutes.

Armed_and_Safe - It was in the original bill that 'public buildings' that prohibited handguns had to have gun lockers and metal detectors. That got removed after the public hearing and added 'immunity' for those that don't post and those that do post loose that 'immunity'.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    KCD1974 - To carry concealed/open in a posted area is a Class B Forfeiture - $1,000. It's under the tresspassing statutes.

Armed_and_Safe - It was in the original bill that 'public buildings' that prohibited handguns had to have gun lockers and metal detectors. That got removed after the public hearing and added 'immunity' for those that don't post and those that do post loose that 'immunity'.
    Well that seems to be the only short coming of the new bill....But one fact I needed to know before going to WI. I'll warn you all now...you'll see a TON of those signs for about 2 years...then only VERY sparatically after that....

6. I am actually surprised at how few I am seeing. Everywhere I go I look for them so I will know where not to shop from now on, but I only seen a couple in the Appleton area.

7. Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Let us know how long it takes to get your permits.
    Application sent 11/01/2011 Processed on 11/08/2011 Received 11/10/2011
    #235X

8. Quote Originally Posted by Armed_and_Safe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Let us know how long it takes to get your permits.
    Application sent 11/01/2011 Processed on 11/08/2011 Received 11/10/2011
    #235X
    Did you notice when they cashed your check? I see my check was cashed on 11/10 ( sent in on 11/01), but have not gotten anything yet.

9. Quote Originally Posted by blkcheech View Post
    Did you notice when they cashed your check? I see my check was cashed on 11/10 ( sent in on 11/01), but have not gotten anything yet.
    Yeah, The check posted to my account later in the day on the 10TH (the same day I received the permit).

Most people get the permit before there check post. There are still a couple people I heard about that like you had there checks post but still don't have the permit. My guess is that it is your bank faster posting the check then most. I would guess that your permit is on the way.

Good luck hopefully you get it today or tomorrow. Let us know and again hopefully you get it soon, your rights were denied long enough.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Armed_and_Safe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcheech View Post
    Yeah, The check posted to my account later in the day on the 10TH (the same day I received the permit).

Most people get the permit before there check post. There are still a couple people I heard about that like you had there checks post but still don't have the permit. My guess is that it is your bank faster posting the check then most. I would guess that your permit is on the way.

Good luck hopefully you get it today or tomorrow. Let us know and again hopefully you get it soon, your rights were denied long enough.
    Yeah I am thinking that with the Veterans day holiday in there in may be a little delayed. I am hoping to see it sometime this week (really want it today, but I gotta try and trick myself into being patient).

11. No news today?

I hope that's because it came in the mail today and you are out enjoying your new found freedom.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast