Ladies - what gun to you carry? - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - what gun to you carry?

Quote Originally Posted by crowsnake View Post
    After you put a full clip in your gun then you round the chamber and that takes one of the rounds out of your Magazine, which takes pressure off the spring. @ least that is what was recommended to me.
    The Glock series of pistols do not use "clips" to load ammunition, they all use detachable magazines. AFAIK, the only semi-auto pistol that did use clips was the Mauser Broomhandle, a WWI era pistol. Relvolvers on the other hand are often loaded with moon clips.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    The Glock series of pistols do not use "clips" to load ammunition, they all use detachable magazines. AFAIK, the only semi-auto pistol that did use clips was the Mauser Broomhandle, a WWI era pistol. Relvolvers on the other hand are often loaded with moon clips.
    I really do not understand why some of you GUYS have such a problem with the word CLIP? Did a CLIP pinch your nut sack one day? Jeeze. I was taught what I first learned about guns by my Father who Learned about them in the army in WWII. He used the word clip. I have been trying very hard to remember to type Mag instead of Clip, but sometimes it just slips off the end of my fingers. It is not meant as a personal insult to you guys.

This is not a School where I should get a RED MARK on my paper for using the wrong word? Besides you misspelled REVOLVERS above.. So There I can correct you also. Also nut and sack are not dirty words, therefore not swearing. So if my Dad was WRONG, dig him up and tell him that he taught me wrong.. Until i get used to using THE PROPER WORD, Lay off my back.
    CrowSnake
    CCW Holder Mo. - NRA - USCCA - HOG
    .45 Taurus Millennium Pro PT 145 - Ruger LCP .380

Extra capacity or 15 round magazines

TX did lift it's "extra capacity" magazine law a couple of years ago that was only available for law enforcement officers. When you refer to "standard capacity" magazines, I think of the 10 round magazine that usually comes with the weapon one purchases. The 15 round "extra capacity " magazine is usually purchased separately from my experience. I'm done with this conversation. It is a mute point.

clking9mm

I really do not understand why some of you GUYS have such a problem with the word CLIP? Did a CLIP pinch your nut sack one day? Jeeze. I was taught what I first learned about guns by my Father who Learned about them in the army in WWII. He used the word clip. I have been trying very hard to remember to type Mag instead of Clip, but sometimes it just slips off the end of my fingers. It is not meant as a personal insult to you guys.
    That's because he was probably familiar with the M-1 Garand which did in fact use a block clip to load ammo.

I carry a S&W M&P Compact 9mm open in a DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard and a S&W 38 Special Snubby in my purse. ;-) If I need to conceal on my body, my only options are a slim Keltec P32 using the beltclip in front cross-draw or rearward strong hand draw positions or my K-frame revolver in a belly band. ;-) My body won't allow for anything else to be concealed.

I really do not understand why some of you GUYS have such a problem with the word CLIP? Did a CLIP pinch your nut sack one day? Jeeze.
    I am not realy sure why you are being so hostile. I was simply stating the FACT that the Glock series of pistols does not use clips to feed ammo, they all use magazines. Subjects can get realy confused when people blatently use the wrong terms in a discusion.

Also with respect to the term standard capacity magazine, when it comes to the Glock 22 or 31, the standard capacity magazine holds 15 rounds. That's what that pistol was designed to hold. Calling it a high capacity magazine only confuses matters. A 10 round magazine for a Glock 22 is not a standard capacity magazine, it's a reduced capacity magazine, plain and simple. Also Glock and some after-market companies make a +2 floor plate for the standard capacity Glock magazines. Assembling a +2 floor plate onto a standard capacity magazine does not make it a high capacity magazine either. The correct term is +2 magazine, indicating the installation of the +2 floor plate thus allowing two additional rounds to be stored in the magazine.

That's because he was probably familiar with the M-1 Garand which did in fact use a block clip to load ammo.

You did not even answer Crownsnakes question. All you want to do is throw out a lot of technical language and terminology and cut down other shooters in an EFFORT to make yourself APPEAR superior to the Ladies who use this Forum as it was intended for. It is supposed to be used for communication, sharing ideas , discussing problems, etc... . It was not intended for cutting down other shooters who may not know the correct terminology per your standards. Drop the BS and become a particpant who is WANTED in the forum, able to help solve problems, share ideas...and not use it to Toot Your Own Horn because we really could care less about your so called technical input. You may think you are better versed, better qualified, better expert..., but your always in a pissing contest with someone. People who always have to Toot their own horn usually have a lack of self esteem or are Bullies. Wake up and smell the "Magazine or Clip". From my experience, Magazine vs Clip only counted on firearm tests and in the Accademy. After that it didn't matter what they were called. And I don't recall anyone asking for a history lesson on WWII weapons.

clking9mm

This is not a School where I should get a RED MARK on my paper for using the wrong word? Besides you misspelled REVOLVERS above.. So There I can correct you also. Also nut and sack are not dirty words, therefore not swearing. So if my Dad was WRONG, dig him up and tell him that he taught me wrong.. Until i get used to using THE PROPER WORD, Lay off my back.
    Hey Crowsnake, I feel your heat. I agree with you 100%. Read a post I sent regarding your being slammed for using Clip vs Magazine. Appears you only insulted self serving shooters. Always remember "To thy own self be true". Your Father had more knowledge than this entire forum put together. My Father was also a WWII Veteran. It's probablly a good thing my father is not around to see this BS. If I had to believe a WWII Veteran over a few who are eat up with terminology issues, I will always go with the WWII Veterans who ACTUALLY went to war and defended our country and used their weapons to their fullest extent. Hang in there and don't ever be concerned about asking a question or providing us some input P.S. I think I misspelled your name when I wrote on the post I asked you to read. Sorry
    clking9mm

I am not realy sure why you are being so hostile. I was simply stating the FACT that the Glock series of pistols does not use clips to feed ammo, they all use magazines. Subjects can get realy confused when people blatently use the wrong terms in a discusion.

Also with respect to the term standard capacity magazine, when it comes to the Glock 22 or 31, the standard capacity magazine holds 15 rounds. That's what that pistol was designed to hold. Calling it a high capacity magazine only confuses matters. A 10 round magazine for a Glock 22 is not a standard capacity magazine, it's a reduced capacity magazine, plain and simple. Also Glock and some after-market companies make a +2 floor plate for the standard capacity Glock magazines. Assembling a +2 floor plate onto a standard capacity magazine does not make it a high capacity magazine either. The correct term is +2 magazine, indicating the installation of the +2 floor plate thus allowing two additional rounds to be stored in the magazine.
    Your the one who is confusing people. You are comparing apples to oranges. There are a lot of different models of Glocks and each are different in some way. Before you get on your soap box regarding standard, reduced or high capacity magazines, find out which model one is referring to before you go into a lecture. And, while on the subject of a lecture, this Forum is not set up to be a lecture nor have you been appointed as the instructor. Quit being a "know it all" if you wish to participate effectively in this Forum. Most of the Ladies joined to have fun, share some info & help each other. Your responses remind me of the guy in our accademy who always sat alone, ate alone, left alone...
    And lay off crowsnake.
    clking9mm

Quote Originally Posted by clking9mm View Post
    Hey Crowsnake, I feel your heat. I agree with you 100%. Read a post I sent regarding your being slammed for using Clip vs Magazine.
    clking9mm
    I don't see any post where Crowsnake was slammed for anything. I merely explained that the Glock series of pistols does not use clips. Clking9mm, you need to be alot less hostile.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast