Ladies - what gun to you carry? - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Ladies - what gun to you carry?

crowsnake, I have often wondered why there are not more atempts by the gun rights movement to reach out to motorcyclists and gay and lesbian people. Both groups should certainly find alot of comman cause with the gun rights movement.

Reaching out

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    crowsnake, I have often wondered why there are not more atempts by the gun rights movement to reach out to motorcyclists and gay and lesbian people. Both groups should certainly find alot of comman cause with the gun rights movement.
    Curious thought! Most of the motorcyclists I know do carry or are pro guns, at least my Harley friends do, can't speak for the crotch rockets ones. As for the other group, they seem to be liberal in their thinking.

I think us Motorcyclist reach out to gun rights movements weather they reach back or not. A lot of bikers I know carry. A couple guys I know were not legal and I chewed them out, telling them they needed counted that every CC permit sends a message to the people asking for votes. Plus if they got caught carrying illegally they could loose their chance to become legal. They are both on the legal side now.

I also know a couple of guys who did some things in their past that prevent them from ever being legal, but they carry anyway. I mean they were young and drunk and stupid, and did whatever, and now for the rest of their lives they can not legally protect themselves or their families. Having a permit makes you more cautious about what you do that's for sure.

I am not sure what sexual orientation has to do with carrying a gun, unless you are referring to gay beatings. But that is not usually a problem for lesbians. Most people think lesbians are cool. My husband sure thinks they are, and he is not really comfortable around gays. Plus most gay guys I know do not LIKE GUNS.
    CrowSnake
    CCW Holder Mo. - NRA - USCCA - HOG
    .45 Taurus Millennium Pro PT 145 - Ruger LCP .380

What I was getting at, was, both groups are alot like gun owners, all of us just want to do our own thing and not be harrassed by others or the government.

Thumbs up Great tippers.

I should also add, anyone who has ever worked in the restaurant industry will tell you, they LOVE when bikers or gay and lesbian customers enter the restaurant. Bikers and gay and lesbian people tip, and they tip realy well! And it is not gender-related either, gay couple = BIG TIP, table of bikers = HUGE TIP, lesbian couple = BIG TIP. If I could be lucky enough to wait on a chapter of the Pinkpistols, Cha-Ching!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    I prefer my Glock 23, compact .40 caliber. I am still learning a lot about it even though I've had it for zonks. My BUG is an XD, thigh/leg carry. In winter I OWB. In summer...well, it's gonna be a bit hard if I don't wear a cargo pants and I am getting to look like a squashed pumpkin when I do so back to jeans and IWB I suppose, provided I find one that will be comfortable enough for me to use.

This is not related to your post, but your pic of your dog, I assume whom is named Tucker is so cute. What kind of dog is he? The reason I am so curious (beside the fact he is adorable) is he looks like a Min Pin pup. I have Min Pins & that's why it caught my attention. Also, I'm a Glock gal myself.
    clking9mm
    Last edited by clking9mm; 10-18-2010 at 12:04 AM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by clking9mm View Post
    This is not related to your post, but your pic of your dog, I assume whom is named Tucker is so cute. What kind of dog is he? The reason I am so curious (beside the fact he is adorable) is he looks like a Min Pin pup. I have Min Pins & that's why it caught my attention. Also, I'm a Glock gal myself.
    clking9mm
    Min Pins are the Bomb. I Say as one snores in my ear and the other raises my body temp to WHEW against my leg. The lucky one who gets the spot next to my leg first, always gripes cause my gun pokes them in the back. But would they move? Nope. Then they would loose their spot to the other one. I carry a Taurus PT 145, and sometimes in light clothes a Ruger LCP. They like the Ruger better cause it does not poke them as much.
    CrowSnake

Quote Originally Posted by crowsnake View Post
    But that is not usually a problem for lesbians. Most people think lesbians are cool. My husband sure thinks they are, and he is not really comfortable around gays.
    Lesbian couple ejected from mall meet with property managers - CNN.com

Unless they happen to be in a shopping mall.

Wow, But you have to wonder if they were reaching down each others throats with their tongues, or if the guard was a homeophobe.

I mean two teens groping and getting excessive would have probably been told the same thing, malls are family places. Maybe it was just an innocent kiss, but we were not there too see. The article mentions that she is an activist. Which means she pushes the envelope every where she goes to prove her point.

Anything that is strange to us, anything, can make us uncomfortable, if you have never been around guns it can make you feel uncomfortable, to see one slip out behind a jacket.. If you have never been around a gay couple it can really creep you out. When you first meet a little person you may feel uncomfortable. When you meet your first Downs Syndrome person you may feel like hiding. (I have a cousin and he used to scare me to death when I was a kid) Heck even being around someone in a wheel chair for the first time makes you feel like you do not know how you are suppose to act or what you are suppose to say or not say.

We are creatures of habit, when we reach outside our normal, we do not really like it. Now if you strive to reach outside your norm, you force yourself to work through these feelings. I personally love going outside my comfort zone. When I first got a job (not say how long ago) I was so glad to be working with African Americans so I could get to know some. I was very glad to have a gay guy to work with and made very good friends with him. Sure those first few days were a little creepy but I got over it.

I liked to died laughing when one of the white guys on the back line elbowed his black buddy and said. "Look at the Hair on that ******!" then he shut up and turned red, we all laughed at him his black buddy included. Mostly cause he agreed with him on the hair issue.

I had an accident on a motorcycle, and it scared me of curves. Did I stop riding. NO.. I kept riding and riding and riding. It took me 3 years and about 35,000 miles but now I no longer think of the fear. I do not know when it went away completely but it has. I do not think about it anymore. If we let fear stop us then we stay at home.. Do I wear a helmet now, Yes. almost all the time, But I keep going. If you get scared you just have to keep going. even if your helmet is a gun.

So reach outside your comfort zones, get to know someone, or something that scares you. ROFL.
    CrowSnake

I don't see any post where Crowsnake was slammed for anything. I merely explained that the Glock series of pistols does not use clips. Clking9mm, you need to be alot less hostile.
    Even after a month, I still can't find this mythical posting where Crowsnake was slammed for anything.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast