Ladies - what gun to you carry? - Page 6
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - what gun to you carry?

I carry a .45 1911 (see avatar) 4" barrel in an IWB Kholster. It is a little long and I think I would like to try a 3" eventually but I love my 1911! Their frames aren't quite as "thick" as some of the other large caliber guns available. I am also 5'4" but it's been many years since I weighed only 140 lol so I'm on the chunky side. Yes the gun does dig some but only occasionally - mostly when I forget it's there. Believe it or not once you get used to a gun this size and weight you CAN forget it's there till you move wrong and it reminds you - which is not a bad thing in my opinion :) ( I carry between 2:30 and 3:00 and I did replace the bulky rubber wrap grip with standard checkered wood side plates - need to update the pic lol)

I'm 5'5" about 150# and I carry a Taurus PT111 9mm in a holster. I find that this is a very comfortable way to carry, it's easily accessible and not at all uncomfortable. The Taurus Millennium Pro 145 is .45ACP and is virtually the same size as the 9mm. I have not shot the .45 so don't know how the recoil is, but with the 9mm it's not too bad.
    The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for.

Quote Originally Posted by MaBarker8 View Post
    I like the LCP but if the Glock 26 were a tad smaller and lighter I would use it as my daily carry. The LCP is accurate and easy to shoot but the ammo is a bit more expensive. I had a problem finding .380 for a couple of months but seems like it isn't that hard to find lately. I am hoping the .380 shortage is over.
    I would like to see Glock make one a little smaller, but it would have to be as tough as what they have now, have you looked at the Taurus PT-709 9mm ? we have 2 very nice feeling weapon, smaller than the Glock, much easyer to conceal

Quote Originally Posted by MaBarker8 View Post
    I like the LCP but if the Glock 26 were a tad smaller and lighter I would use it as my daily carry. The LCP is accurate and easy to shoot but the ammo is a bit more expensive. I had a problem finding .380 for a couple of months but seems like it isn't that hard to find lately. I am hoping the .380 shortage is over.
    I did find some .380 at Cheaper than Dirt, but it's still expensive. I hope the price will come down.

I recently purchased a Taurus 709 Slim 9mm and really like it. I am trying it out in a kholster, and have a Defender belly band on order from Active Gear:

Defender Gun Concealment Holsters

My favorite is still the Sig P232 in the Galco IWB holster w/ retention strap.

6. Taurus .357/.38 2" barrel. I target practice with this one most of the time, and carry it ALL the time.

I also have a Luger 9mm, but it's heavy for me and has a harder recoil than my Taurus, although I practice with it, just to keep myself "used" to it, too.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. - Author Unknown ----------- Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. - Morticia Addams

Sig P229 .40 cal, in a leather fanny pack. Plenty of room for ID, cell, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    Any Ladies out there carry a 45, if so which gun and how is it carryed, holster, purse, fanny pack ? I would like my much better half to carry a 45, she can shoot them just fine we have 3 so thats not the issue, she carrys a 709 taurus now which is a excellent weapon, but a 45 has a much harder hit, and they dont seem to have the recoil of the 40

I am currently carrying a 4" 1911 in an IWB holster but just ordered the compact version 3 1/2" with shorter grip for CC. Being summertime and wearing lightweight tank tops makes the larger gun harder to conceal - hubby says he doesn't notice when I'm carrying but I feel like it is more likely to 'print' if I'm out shopping so I decided to buy the smaller gun. Still a .45 1911 and made by the same company so shouldn't be too much difference as far as the feel and handling. Yes they are a bit heavy but I prefer that over guns you can't feel at your side. If they shift you will notice and can fix it and if you don't 'forget' it is there you will be more aware if certain movements might cause inadvertent printing through your clothing - also the reason I carry IWB as it breaks up some of the silhouette ;)

My first gun was a .40 Taurus 24/7 compact - it was easy to conceal and accurate as all get out but was the loudest little gun to shoot and had so much muzzle lift you about hit yourself in the forehead after each shot. It was causing me to start flinching really badly so I bought the 1911 and I'm much happier now!

I just purchased a 1911 4" and was thinking of carrying it in a belly bag. It is a great firearm. I use an HK for IDPA but like the 1911s better. When I don't want to carry the weight I have a little Seecamp that can fit anywhere.

Two of them. S&W J frame and a Mauser semi-auto. Custom make my own belly bands or under skirt holsters as I have found that "one size" fits none. LOL

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

I carry the Ruger .380 LCP. I love it. It has good center body mass grouping, and not too bad grouping at 15 yards or more. (I really wish they had the yardage marked at the local conservation range.) It was pretty far for such a small gun. Anyway, the hollow point is not likely to pass through your target and get the poor guy behind the BG. And She is small and light and her name is Elsie.. LCP. Great summer gun for when it is HOT out. Appendix Carry a little more to the front. I have a Kel-Tec p-11 that I am going to trade off. The trigger is so hard to pull it messes up my accuracy and my confidence in that order. And it hurts my tendentious in my elbow after just a clip or 2. I got it new and The Sites are way off, while i know that can be fixed it is not worth fixing the sights if it hurts to shoot it. it was suppose to be my cool weather gun.

Tell the guys that a little .380 that goes with your everywhere in an on body carry is much better than a big gun hidden in your purse that just got snatched, Or a big gun you left at home on the counter cause it was just to big heavy and bulky and hard to hide.. A big gun does you no good if you can not get to it when you need it. A little .380 is much better than not having and needing one.

I am on USCCA so I will probably not post on here much. I wish I had found this first, it is free. LOL

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast