Ladies - what gun to you carry? - Page 7
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - what gun to you carry?

Quote Originally Posted by KathleenElsie View Post
    Two of them. S&W J frame and a Mauser semi-auto. Custom make my own belly bands or under skirt holsters as I have found that "one size" fits none. LOL
    What do you use to make your own belly bands? I sew and would love to try to make one.

Belly Bands

I am curious too. Do you use Velcro to close it? Can you post pics?

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    I carry 2 semi-automatic pistols: a Colt 1911 .45 and a Beretta 9mm. My methods of carry include a side holster on my hip and a fanny pack. I'm considering a cc vest and an IWB holster but need funds. Gotta pay the house bills first. I have a .380 but I bought it after I was granted my cc permit. I'll add it on when I renew. It's much smaller than the other two pistols and will be easier to conceal and wear. The Beretta and the Colt can exacerbate my already-sore back and hip but I refuse to go without!
    Add it on when you renew? what State are you in that you have to register each separate carry gun? In Mo, once you have the permit you can carry anything, and as many at a time as you want. Any concealed firearm that is, its still illegal to carry a knife over 4 inches. ROFL. DUH. Now I would not go around carrying a gun that you bought out of the back of a car in a parking lot. AKA stolen gun, but any gun you know is not on the hot list is fine to carry in Mo.

Now if you shoot someone they do make you prove ownership so if it is your Dad's gun, he may have to produce a receipt. I am not sure how that works if it is an old Gun. The guy that did our CCW class recommended that you have a gun shop owner, do some kind of paper work that he keeps on file that says the gun is yours so if you ever have a problem with your carry gun you can get it back eventually. We Bought 2 new guns in Illinois and used Don's sisters FOID card cause ours had expired. And we did some kind of paperwork that said we "bought" them from her in Mo, just in case we ever needed to prove ownership..

Quote Originally Posted by Hildab View Post
    I am curious too. Do you use Velcro to close it? Can you post pics?
    I have a very nice belly band. but it is way too hot for me and I would have to wear an undershirt with it cause the Velcro part that is stiff wants to eat into my side. It is made of a no slip breathable thing that lets air though, but I am always hot. Anything like that roast me. LOL. I have a Holster Kings holster that I use IWB in front. You can Google holster kings and it pops right up.

I put a piece of old T shirt over the stiff part of the Velcro and that worked but The band tends to ROLL with my fat roll. Now I am not huge, just not slim. I gave up on the belly bands. Tried 2 different styles. I can not imagine one I could make working for me either. Not unless I figured out how to air condition my self. LOL.

I am a retired State Parole Officer & we were required to carry concealed. I have been CC since 1997. I carry a Glock 26. It is easy to conceal in/out of pants, purse or a CC shirt I ordered. I liked the CC shirt especially when doing home vists on parolees. It has a quick open front for drawing wpn & lots of places for extra mags, ID, badge, etc. They come short/long sleeve and good colors. Just a note about color choice in clothing especially for CC: Gangs are on the rise and very dominate in evey location. Wearing colors that are offensive to the gangs can start a gun fight at the drop of a dime. Be careful what color you wear when carrying because it can mean life or death to you/family. I supervised high profile cases on the electronic monitors & conducted unannounced home visits. One day I was going to a Crips home & a few blocks before the house I realized I was wearing a red blouse. I called the Offender and told him what was up. He told me to give him about 10 min. & I could come into the neighborhood safely. It's all about respect with the gangs. A little common sense goes a LONG WAY. CLKING9MM-TEXAS

I carry a .380 LCP Ruger everywhere I go.

But I WANT a Taurus Millennium .45 (Ya I know the name is 2 ft long but you know what gun I mean)

I want a Ruger Mark II or III for target. A bull nose preferably. I figure the bull will give me about the same accuracy as the 45 for practice. I know I would need to shoot the .45 enough to be comfortable with it, but I need to practice with a light gun so I can afford to shell out the rounds. LOL.

I am a good shot with my .380. And I do very well with my .22 revolver. But I get so tired of loading the revolver. I have been thinking a lot, and I have decided since I can not afford both at this time. I should keep target practicing with the revolver and get the Carry gun I want. ASA I can afford it. My LCP is good but winter is coming and I should be able to have my .45. I watched Tim's Review of the Taurus and that is what helped me make up my mind.

I had the Taurus Millennium .40 in my hand used at the last gun show, But I want the .45, I held one of those new, and it is pretty much the same gun weight and size wise so why go smaller, especially since .40 ammo is higher than .45. It is bigger and heavier than the .380, DUH. But it is not much bigger or heaver than my Kel-Tec P-11 9mm, which I intend to sell.

My husband still thinks I am silly for carrying around the house, and everywhere we go, but at least he has stopped asking me if I have my gun. And he has kinda stopped asking me to leave it in the car when we go places. He got his CCW too but I think he only go it cause I did. Or for when he is out on the road with his service truck and feels he might need it. He still has that attitude, U might need it here, but you won't need it there.. I figure I hope I never need it, but I do not want to be caught without it. We have some questionable neighbors and they have questionable ppl always driving up, so I just am prepared. Nice neighborhood, just one bad house.

Quote Originally Posted by clking9mm View Post
    I liked the CC shirt especially when doing home vists on parolees. It has a quick open front for drawing wpn & lots of places for extra mags, ID, badge, etc. They come short/long sleeve and good colors. CLKING9MM-TEXAS
    The CC shirts sound like a good idea. Where did you order them from?

carrying everywhere, every day

Quote Originally Posted by crowsnake View Post
    I carry a .380 LCP Ruger everywhere I go.

But I WANT a Taurus Millennium .45 (Ya I know the name is 2 ft long but you know what gun I mean)

I want a Ruger Mark II or III for target. A bull nose preferably. I figure the bull will give me about the same accuracy as the 45 for practice. I know I would need to shoot the .45 enough to be comfortable with it, but I need to practice with a light gun so I can afford to shell out the rounds. LOL.

I am a good shot with my .380. And I do very well with my .22 revolver. But I get so tired of loading the revolver. I have been thinking a lot, and I have decided since I can not afford both at this time. I should keep target practicing with the revolver and get the Carry gun I want. ASA I can afford it. My LCP is good but winter is coming and I should be able to have my .45. I watched Tim's Review of the Taurus and that is what helped me make up my mind.

I had the Taurus Millennium .40 in my hand used at the last gun show, But I want the .45, I held one of those new, and it is pretty much the same gun weight and size wise so why go smaller, especially since .40 ammo is higher than .45. It is bigger and heavier than the .380, DUH. But it is not much bigger or heaver than my Kel-Tec P-11 9mm, which I intend to sell.

My husband still thinks I am silly for carrying around the house, and everywhere we go, but at least he has stopped asking me if I have my gun. And he has kinda stopped asking me to leave it in the car when we go places. He got his CCW too but I think he only go it cause I did. Or for when he is out on the road with his service truck and feels he might need it. He still has that attitude, U might need it here, but you won't need it there.. I figure I hope I never need it, but I do not want to be caught without it. We have some questionable neighbors and they have questionable ppl always driving up, so I just am prepared. Nice neighborhood, just one bad house.
    crowsnake: My hubby is like yours! So I told him that when the people with bad intentions start making appointments for when they plan to attack, then I will carry "only when I need it." Second, I said what good is having a gun in the bedroom when the front door gets kicked in (compare that to having the gun on your hip at all times)? Third, while I know that he will do anything to protect me, he isn't with me 24/7 (nor do I want them with me 24/7!). .... He doesn't say anything anymore

I carry the Kahr MK9 everywhere, every day. It is part of getting dressed, and like you I hope to never need a gun but I plan to always have one. I read PoliceOne.com routinely to see what kind of crimes happen to other people and to give myself an idea of what to be wary of (like if there are new or creative methods of attack or ways for predators to lure us in) and to remind myself that crime happens everywhere, and can happen to ME. I try to be AWARE and ALERT, and I avoid situations that are inherently dangerous. No matter what I do, however, I know that I could still be the person who works in the office where a disgruntled co-worker comes to get even; I could be hanging out with a girlfriend whose ex decides that if she won't have him she won't have anyone....the list of unlikely--but possible--scenarios is endless.

The old and ongoing argument over choice of caliber continues and will probably never end. I think your LCP is fine if you shoot it well; I think a .45 is fine if you shoot it well. But remember that it might be slightly harder to make follow up shots in a larger caliber, and a shot that misses in a larger caliber is less effective that shots that hit with a smaller caliber.

When I shopped for my first gun, the salesman (a cop) made a point that I never thought about: if you live in an area where people wear heavy clothes during the cold months, how well will your .380 penetrate a leather jacket with other layering pieces underneath? He advised me to get a 9mm or larger caliber to account for this (I live in Michigan) for that reason, and also because at the time .380 was in short supply and very expensive.

In short, find the gun that you won't hesitate to carry--it should be a gun that you are comfortable shooting and that you shoot WELL. That is the gun that will do you the most good when you keep it on hand every where you go, every day.

Best wishes,

Quote Originally Posted by crowsnake View Post
    Add it on when you renew? what State are you in that you have to register each separate carry gun? In Mo, once you have the permit you can carry anything, and as many at a time as you want. Any concealed firearm that is, its still illegal to carry a knife over 4 inches. ROFL. DUH. Now I would not go around carrying a gun that you bought out of the back of a car in a parking lot. AKA stolen gun, but any gun you know is not on the hot list is fine to carry in Mo.

Now if you shoot someone they do make you prove ownership so if it is your Dad's gun, he may have to produce a receipt. I am not sure how that works if it is an old Gun. The guy that did our CCW class recommended that you have a gun shop owner, do some kind of paper work that he keeps on file that says the gun is yours so if you ever have a problem with your carry gun you can get it back eventually. We Bought 2 new guns in Illinois and used Don's sisters FOID card cause ours had expired. And we did some kind of paperwork that said we "bought" them from her in Mo, just in case we ever needed to prove ownership..
    There is not many but some states, Cali for one, where you have to not only list each weapon you carry on your permit, you also have to quaify shooting with each weapon on your permit, also New York has some real dickheaded CC weapons laws, not sure of the rest but there are 37 states that play nice with each other where CCW laws are simalar

Quote Originally Posted by clking9mm View Post
    I liked the CC shirt especially when doing home vists on parolees CLKING9MM-TEXAS
    Which CC shirt do you use there are dozens and most (not ALL) of them are crappy.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast