Ladies - what gun to you carry?
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies - what gun to you carry?

Ladies - what gun do you carry?

I'm curious as to what other women choose to carry and what is your preferred method for carrying? This can be a major issue for those of us with curves trying to carry something that has none - especially those of us that might carry a larger weapon. What better place to compare notes and offer suggestions than here??

I carry a 4" 1911 in an IWB Kholster - it gives me the option to wear it cross draw or strong side and I can raise/lower the ride height depending on what style jeans I'm wearing. Super comfy!

My wife carries a Sig P238 (.380). It is small enough that she can carry it pretty much any way she wants to unless she is wearing something really tight..
    She has a little slip in holster that she wears in her back, or front of her pants, but sometimes she will carry it in the appropriate inside pocket in her motorcycle jacket, or in her purse.
    She also has a "belly band" type holster, but she has yet to wear it.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

the wifey , can't carry here in ILLINOIS.but i know she would carry her SPringfield XDM 9MM

My wife's preferred carry is her Bersa 380 in the summertime and a 24/7 ProC 40S&W in the winter. She uses a "Supertuck" or A "Wildbills" IWB; but I actually think her favorite holster is a cheap "Uncle Mikes".

I carry 2 semi-automatic pistols: a Colt 1911 .45 and a Beretta 9mm. My methods of carry include a side holster on my hip and a fanny pack. I'm considering a cc vest and an IWB holster but need funds. Gotta pay the house bills first. I have a .380 but I bought it after I was granted my cc permit. I'll add it on when I renew. It's much smaller than the other two pistols and will be easier to conceal and wear. The Beretta and the Colt can exacerbate my already-sore back and hip but I refuse to go without!

I prefer my Glock 23, compact .40 caliber. I am still learning a lot about it even though I've had it for zonks. My BUG is an XD, thigh/leg carry. In winter I OWB. In summer...well, it's gonna be a bit hard if I don't wear a cargo pants and I am getting to look like a squashed pumpkin when I do so back to jeans and IWB I suppose, provided I find one that will be comfortable enough for me to use.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    I carry 2 semi-automatic pistols: a Colt 1911 .45 and a Beretta 9mm. My methods of carry include a side holster on my hip and a fanny pack. I'm considering a cc vest and an IWB holster but need funds. Gotta pay the house bills first. I have a .380 but I bought it after I was granted my cc permit. I'll add it on when I renew. It's much smaller than the other two pistols and will be easier to conceal and wear. The Beretta and the Colt can exacerbate my already-sore back and hip but I refuse to go without!

So in Nevada your license is gun specific?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I was wondering the same thing HK...here in MO we can carry any pistol we purchase, borrow etc.

I have carried 2 guns (one at a time):
    1) H&K USP 9 compact
    2) Kahr MK9

Favorite Holster: Don Hume 721 OT (one for each gun)

Carry location: OWB 4-5 o'clock.

H&K is comfortable and concealable with the right clothing. MK9 conceals easily with almost any clothing and I am barely aware of its presence.

I carry every day. Usually, I carry the MK9 because of its ease of concealability (it is thinner, and 1" shorter in height and length compared to the H&K ... it is about the same weight, though); the H&K is my home gun mostly. Love them both!

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    So in Nevada your license is gun specific?
    Yes and no. Semi-automatic pistols are specified on the back of the permits. Revolvers are not. Any revolver may be carried if the permit was granted initially for a revolver.
    Last edited by gdcleanfun; 01-22-2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: typos, always typos! lol

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast